What &# 8220; red&# 8221; and &# 8220; green&# 8221; Corridor at the airport?
On any border there is a system of red and green corridors. Today we will consider in detail what it is.
All goods moved across the border are subject to customs control. But some things need to declare, others.
If there are no goods to be declarations in your luggage or hand baggage, then go through a green corridor. If there is or you are not sure &# 8211; then through red.
Green corridor at the airport
Passing through the green corridor, you confirm that you have no goods to be declared.
The intersection of the border line of the green corridor from a legal point of view is equal to the interconnection of the absence of goods that are subject to declaration.
Please note that you can stop the customs officer and ask to show things. If he finds something to be declared, it will be considered as a violation of the law.
The degree of punishment depends on the specific product and its quantity, it may be a fine, confiscation, and in some cases criminal liability.
Which products are not subject to declaration?
Customs declaration is not subject to:
- Cash and / or traveler checks in total, not more than 10 thousand US dollars;
- Goods for personal use, the cost of which up to 10,000 euros, and the weight does not exceed 50 kg &# 8211; This requirement concerns Only air transport. When moving across the border on land or water, the cost of goods should not exceed 1500 euros;
- Alcohol products by volume up to 3 liters per passenger over 18 years old.
- Tobacco products up to 200 cigarettes or up to 50 cigars, or up to 250 g of tobacco on each passenger over 18 years old. Import of tobacco products over this restriction is prohibited;
- goods that were previously removed and imported back unchanged;
Red corridor at the airport
If you are carrying goods subject to mandatory written declaration, then required to pass through a red corridor.
You must fill out a customs declaration and present a customs officer to the Customs Declaration.
Compulsory writing Customs declaration and payment of customs duties are subject to:
- Cash and / or traveler checks in total, more than 10 thousand US dollars;
- Notes, bank checks, securities;
- Products for personal use, the cost of which is more than 10,000 euros, and / or whose weight is more than 50 kg &# 8211; $ 30% duty from customs value;
For example, you bought an expensive watch with a border, worth more than 10,000 euros &# 8211; On the border, you must go through a red corridor and declare them.
- Alcohol products, from 3 to 5 liters &# 8211; 10 euros for each liter of exceeding. Alcohol importing over 5 liters is prohibited;
For example, you carry 4 liters of wine, therefore, 3 liters you drive without paying customs duties and for 1 liter, you pay 10 euros.
- cultural values;
- state awards;
- Service and civil arms, cartridges, components of the cartridges;
- narcotic and psychotropic substances in the form of medicines for personal use on medical reasons in the presence of relevant documents;
- High-frequency devices and / or radio-electronic media. You can find a complete list of data devices on the website of the Federal Customs Service;
- Products acquired inheritance subject to documentary confirmation of the fact of inheritance;
- indivisible goods weighing more than 35 kg.
Some airports in the European Union operates a triple corridor system: green, red and blue.
EU citizens pass on the blue corridor if they travel through the territory of the European Union.