Sights of Vienna
The oldest district of the city, his historical core, Inner Stadt Innere Stadt, "Inner city") Was the center of Windbos from 15 years before. NS. In fact, all Vienna lay within this small (approximately 1.5 km) of the area until 1850, when the famous zigzag walls defending the city from the Turks were finally dismantled and the capital began their rapid growth. It is this area to consider the heart of the city, and it was he who was listed in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 2001.
Center inner Stadt and city symbol – St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stefansd), Heavenly Patron of the capital of Austria. Temple for more than 800 years (the first basil in this place was built in 1137, and the foundations of the existing complex were laid in 1359). Under it are located Ancient catacombs – The burial place of representatives of the Dynasty of the Habsburgs (part of the crypts is directly in the temple, but many burials are actually produced precisely in the dungeons – more than 16 thousand people are resting here!). The inner decoration of the cathedral is simply fascinating beautifully, and in the spier you can see the Turkish cannonic core, which fell into it during the Turkish siege of the city in the XVI century.
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Statue of Ertzgerce Carl-Ludwig-John on Heldenplatz
- Trading Street Colmarct
The most magnificent external element of the cathedral – South Tower Hochturm, Ironically called crowns "Stefl" ("Little Stephen") whose spire "take off" at a height of 137 meters. On the walls of the Shtefandom, you can see the lengths of length, size and weight, by which the goods were checked in the Middle Ages when buying, and from its observation deck there is a magnificent view of the Danube and Vienna. At the same time, the temple is still valid, and it can be visited completely free (daily from 6.00 to 22.00 Except for the time of service, which usually pass in the early morning and in the evening), and organized tours in the catacombs pass from Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 11.30 and from 13.30 to 16.30, on Sundays – from 13.30 to 16.30 (4 euros), organized tour of the very catalog (Domfuhrung) – paid separately.
Opposite the cathedral lies a beautiful area StephanSplatz and postmodern glass building of the commercial center Has House, who caused a considerable indignation of the crowds during its construction (the end of XX in.). The rest of the ancient buildings around the World War II were strongly suffered from bombing. However, the complex Dommuzum (www.Dommuseum.AT) on the north side of the area (access through StephanSplatz 6) with its meeting of the treasury of the Cathedral and Artwork deserves special attention. Nearby on the second floor Deutschordenshaus (SingerStrasse 7, one quarter south of Stefanplants) is stored Trevtonian Order Treasury (Schatzkammer Des Deutschen Ordens, open from May to October on Monday, Thursday and Sunday from 10.00 to 12.00, on Wednesdays – from 15.00 to 17.00, Friday and Saturday – from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 15.00 to 17.00; From November to April, the entrance – 4 euros is often closed). The assembly contains wealth collected by the Magistrants of the Order for almost seven centuries of its existence, as well as a large collection of weapons and armor. Eastern Cathedral is and Figarhus (Mozarthaus, www.Wienmuseum.AT) – House-Museum of the Great Composer. Exposure in general is not good, but one room fully retained the original appearance, and the beautiful courtyard overlooking Blutgasse makes it possible to better understand the situation in which the famous works were created.
It is worth walking along the old shopping street Karntnerstrasse with its turn of fashionable stores and Viennese Museum Glass (from Monday to Friday open from 10.00 to 18:00, on Saturdays – from 10.00 to 17.00; Login free) in the complex J. & L. Lobmeyr. However, the most interesting sights of Karntnerstrasse are noticeably west, in the area Square Neer Markt, once the main flour market of the city, and now more reminiscent parking. Here you can see a baroque fountain Donnerbrunner (1770 g., Reconstructed in 1801-1873.), gloomy church Capucyerkirche with one of the main attractions of the Vienna – Cyrp Kaerurgruft, in which several medieval rulers of the country rest (open daily from 9.30 to 16.00; 4 euros), House of Music (www.HDM.AT) a little east, as well as an extremely pleasant museum in a recently updated complex of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra (WWW.wienerphilharmoniker.AT). New Year’s concert of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in Muzikverin is broadcast "alive" on the whole planet and duplicated on a huge screen before the town hall.
From StephanSplatz leaves Street Graben (literally transfer – "ditch", "ditch"), heart of the city and another symbol of veins on which many expensive shops and galleries are concentrated, as well as such famous sights as "Plague column" Pestzoilele (1679 g., However, there is a version that "Chumoy" In this case, the intrusion of Muslims was called, in commemoration of the disposal of which this unusual structure), baroque Palace Bartolotti Partenfeld, Hotel ZAHER, picturesque Church Peterskirche (1733 g.), as well as the famous polished marble facade of the jewelry store Hans Holelane, through which "Fuse" Structure Gold.
- Street Graben
- Church of Karleskrhe
- Ruprechtskirm – the oldest church in Vienna
It is interesting to get acquainted with nearby churches Mikhalerkirche, San Marie-Am-Geshtadade, Franciscricaerkirche, Neootical town hall (1872-1883.), the building of Parliament (1883.), in front of which towers Statue of Athena Pallad, as well as famous Vienna Opera (1861-1869.) – the venue for the cult annual opera ball. From here you can slowly walk to one of the most beautiful areas of the world – Josefplatz with located on it Palace Chapella and Burgteater (1874-1888.), to the big Jewish Museum (www.JMW.AT) on dorotheergasse. Or go to the second commercial artery of the historic core of the city – Kohlmarkt Street With her fashionable centers Meinl, Harrods and Demel (the latter still advertises itself as a supplier of the imperial yard). Here you can also find the most famous cafes of Vienna.
At the far end, Kohlmarkt is the area Michaelerplatz, On the one hand blocked by a large arch and a dome of the needed complex Mikhaltlefract (1720-1890.) – South Gate Hofburg. On the contrary, at the corner of Kohlmarkt and Herrengasse, rises "House without eyebrows" Los House (1910-1911.) who received its name for the complete absence of frontones over the windows, so characteristic of the Vienna architecture. And the oldest square building, giving her name, Church Mikhalerkirche (Open daily from 7.00 to 22.00; The free entrance is built in the XIII century, although the neoclassical facade of 1792 somewhat masks this fact. From here you can go on Street Herrengasse, built by the Romans as part of their extensive transport system. In a later epoch, part of the modern street between Freyung and Lobkowitzplatz was called Hochstrasse ("Upper street") and there was a place of residence for. And now you can see a whole series of medieval palaces – Landhaus (XVI B.), grandiose Palae Ferstel (1856-1860., Now – place of placement of the most famous cafe Vienna – Cafe Central), Erbstain (1897 G.), Wilchek (Lebrum, 1737 g.), Modena (1811 G., Today there is a federal ministry of the Interior), Markle-Clery (1689 g.), Netherosterry (1839-1848.), Battyani (Part of Orsini Rosenberg Palace, 1716.), Trutmannsdorf (1834-1838.) other.
Immediately behind Cafe Central is the entrance to the Freyung Alley, built in the 1860s as part of Palae Ferstel, and now turned into an elegant shopping gallery that connects Herrengasse with Freyung Square. The center of this marble pass is decorated with a hexagonal atrium with a fountain crowned Statue Donauniksen – famous "Mermaids Danube", one of the symbols of the city.
To the west of Herrengasse, behind Hofburg, the paved area spread Minoritenplatz, Completely surrounded by baroque palaces, these days given to ministries and embassies. In the center of the square rises Church Minoritecirche, Whose octagonal bell tower is one of the landmarks of the historic core of Vienna (the peak was shot down by the Turkish core during the siege of 1529). And on the south side of the area there is a magnificent palace, built during the Emperor Charles VI, as a judicial office, and now serving the residence of the Austrian Federal Chancellor and Foreign Ministry.
Two main art galleries are located on Freyung Square – Harrach Palais (www.KHM.AT) with numerous artistic meetings and regular exhibitions from the collections of the State Historical Museum and Kunstforum (www.Kunstforumwien.AT) – The best meeting of modern art. A little north is the old Benedictic Monastery Shottenstift, which hosts another artistic museum (WWW.Schottenstift.AT). And west, on SchreyVogelGasse, you can find one of the few surviving sections of old urban walls – Mölker Bastai, and Mansion Paskvalatihaus, in which Beethoven lived (now here is his museum).
AM-Hof – The largest area in Inner Statta. Its name can be translated and how "Royal Court", And How "courtyard", What is reminiscent of the Middle Ages, when the residence of Babenbergs was here. Business card Square – Mattovo-black Column Mariensaule, Installed by Emperor Ferdinand III in gratitude to the Virgin Mary for the victory over the Swedes in the thirty-year war. Above the area dominates Kirhe-Hof (XIV-XVII centuries.), from the balcony of which Emperor Franz I announced the end of the Sacred Roman Empire in 1806. A vulnerable passage under the Church leads down to Schulhof and Museum of watch – The oldest meeting of this kind in the world (founded in 1917, but many of the collection items began to collect at least a century before). Next door is located Museum of dolls and toys (www.Puppenmuseumwien.COM), rather old-fashioned, but possessing its own charm, bizarre interiors and a large collection (mainly dolls).
- House Hundertwasser
- Vienna Town Hall
Any of two roads leading to the north of Schulhof will bring Jewish Square (Judenplatz), one of the most pretty areas of Vienna, almost fully occupied by the new Holocaust Memorial. It is believed that the Judenplatz since the XII century was a kind of Jewish ghetto – during the construction of the memorial, the burnt ruins of the main synagogue were discovered, and many finds are kept from here in Udenplatz Museum (www.JMW.AT). Interestingly, there was already a monument to the victims of Jewish pogroms, and much more ancient – on Zum Grossen Jordan (the oldest house on the square) is clearly visible to the bas-relief, marking a massacre of 1421, when the Jews were expelled from Vienna.
One block north of Judenplatz, on the other side of Wipplingerstrasse, is a strict baroque Palace Altes Rathaus, which served the town hall of the city until 1885. Now there is a very informative archive of Austrian resistance (WWW.doew.AT) with a permanent exhibition. And in the quarter norther, on Salvatorgasse, one of the most beautiful Gothic churches of Vienna is located – Virgin on-shore (Maria Am Gestade Kirche, XVI in., reconstructed in the XIX in.), crowned with a complex spilling of filigree work.
It is difficult to even assume that surrounded by strict post-war buildings Room Hoher Markt ("Upper market") is the oldest in the city, but this is exactly what. It was this elevated place that was the heart of the Roman camp of the Windbone, which is still able to see the aqueduct of the aqueduct to be seen slightly below the trade gallery on the south side of the area. The scene decoration is the so-called wedding fountain, depicting the wedding of Mary and Joseph the priest (which, naturally, there is no testimony in the Bible). However, the business card of the square is still not he, but a great watch anchor (1914 G.) At the complex of the Insurance Company of the same name in the northern part of Hoher Markt. Each hour, gold-plated figures of various historical figures appear in a special window, and at noon all of them for 10 minutes seem to go to the audience for organ music. And in the nearby building (Tuchlauben, 19) in 1979, medieval frescoes were found during the restoration, which, despite the traditions of those years, are depicting non-saints and righteous, and the heroes of the Ballades of Minnesingers, dances, domestic and street scenes.
Starting with the 1980s area around Church of St. Ruprecht (Ruprechtskirche) north of Hoher Markt, became known as "Bermuda Triangle" – On these narrow streets, so many bars are concentrated that with a special skill here really can be lost forever. He herself, overgrown with ivy ruprechkit, deserves separate attention – this is the oldest church of the city (VIII in.), with the oldest bells (1280 g.) and the oldest glass windows (1370 g.). Nearby is the only synagogue of Vienna (and sometime there were 24!) who survived the pogrom on the Nazis on the night from 9 to 10 November 1938 (the so-called "Crystalnaya"). According to the laws of Joseph II, all the synagogues of the city were supposed to be removed from the streets – did not avoid this fate and Studetempel, built in the courtyard of the house at Seitnstettengasse 2-4 in 1826. However, it most likely saved it during the pogroms, and now, to visit this temple (organized tours pass from Monday to Thursday from 11.30 to 14.00; 2 euros), you will need to have a passport and to go through several security posts.
In the quarter south of Ruprechkirche is located Fleischmarkt area – Old meat market, considered to be the center of the Orthodox community of Vienna. In 1781, Greek diaspora built a church on the Griechengasse, near which a more impressive brick striped appeared in 1861 Sinysh-cherche (that is "Greek church") in pseudozantine style. Next include another popular landmark – Zucchini griechenbeisl, which is more than five centuries. And in the house number 5, or rather – in his basements, is peculiar Wax Museum HistoryWorld Vienna (EURTAGE 12), dedicated to the Habsburg period in the life of the city.
Still in the quarter from here lies Square Dr.IGNAZ-SEIPEL-Platz, Named by name Ignosti Schiepel – Chancellor of the country (from 1922 to 1932.) and leader of local nationalists. The eastern side of the square is occupied by the University of Alte, founded by Rudolph IV in 1365 (in this way, this is the second of the oldest universities of Central Europe after Prague), and the opposite – building of the Academy of Sciences. Next door rises two spiers and light facade Jesuit Church (also known as universiturkhe). Started in 1627 at the peak of the power of the Jesuit Order, it is still considered the most unusual model of the late Baroque in Vienna.
A few south-west of the street Graben and Josefplatz lies the majestic complex of the Imperial Palace Hofburg (www.Hofburg-Wien.AT) (erected in the XIII-XIX centuries. On the site of the Bavarian fort 1278 g.) – Winter Residence of the Habsburgs and the main location of the imperial court in Vienna. In essence, it is huge (about 2600 rooms!) and a somewhat relaxed complex, which includes a number of buildings of different periods in which the official residence of Austria’s president, a number of government organizations and the OSCE.
In addition, the exhibition of the Treasures of the Imperial Treasury is posted Shazcammer (www.KHM.AT) (in its collections made in 962 the crown of the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Imperial Crown), a separate hall of the Burgundian treasury (regalia, ceremonial robes, jewels and relics of the Order of the Golden Run and the Dukes of Burgundy, including "Holy Lance", who allegedly pierced the crucified Christ), the Imperial Hall of Takes and Bedroom Kaiser Franz Josef, quite sad apartments Kaiser, Gothic Chapel Hofbombecapell (XV B.) And famous HofmusikaPelle (www.WSK.AT), Church of Augustinerkirche (One of the oldest parts of Hofburg – 1330 g.), Chapel Georgacapellle (XIV B.) with Kenotaph Emperor Leopold II, Spanish riding school Rakecule (www.SRS.AT) and famous Winter Manege Habsburgs (1735 g.), butterfly kennel, as well as many other interesting places. And the HofmusikaFelle also serves as the main concert venue for the world famous Wiener Sangerknaben (Choir of Viennese boys), which every Sunday from September to June in 9.15 (Entrance from 5 to 30 euros) performs liturgical works.
- Church of St. Augustine
- Albertin Gallery
Hofburg can offer a guest a few excellent museums, including Albertin Gallery (www.Albertina.AT) – one of the largest graphic collections of the world (also here are the branches of the Meeting of Papyrins of the National Library and Museum of Cinema), the collection of imperial silver – Zilbercamer, The famous Austrian National Library (more than 7.5 million volumes) and richly decorated reading prunes (1723 g.), several departments of the State Historical Museum – Hofjagd Und Rustkammer (one of the richest collections of hunting weapons and armor in the world!), Sammlung Alte Musikinstrumente (Musical Instrument Collection), Museum of Ephesus and Museum of Ethnology (www.Ethno-Museum.AC.AT) as well Branch of the Museum of Natural History and three departments of the State Historical Museum (WWW.KHM.AT) in the palace complex Nee-Burg. In general, it is easier to say what is not in the Hofburg complex, than to describe all the variety of its collections and architectural monuments.
Near the Hofburg Palace and is unique PH-Pointe, where over the centuries are made by tiny crossbars, brooch and miniature tobacker.
On Christmas Eve of 1857, Emperor Franz Joseph announced the dismantling of famous zigzag fortifications around the old city, more than once saving Vienna from invaders. In their place, a series of imperial boulevards Ringstrasse was broken, which were immediately planned as a special zone with a house of opera, theater, two museums, a complex of the Imperial Parliament, the University and Town Hall. However, the scale of construction and the first world war began to lead to the fact that in the original form the project was never completed, although most of the pompous buildings still managed to build and now they are a real decoration of veins.
If you move along the Ringstrasse counterclockwise from the North-West, you can consistently examine the monumental Church Fotivkirhe (1854 G.) (www.votivkirche.AT) New Town Hall, City Theater (www.burgtheater.AT) neoclassical Complex parliament (www.Parlament.GV.AT) and New University (WWW.Univie.AC.AT) – all of them are around the Town Hall Square (Rathausplatz), which is literally exploded by the famous Christmakt (www.christkindlmarkt.AT), and in the New Year there is a huge rink.
Then the boulevards will bring to two huge museums – natural history and State historical, as well as to a new cultural Complex Museum Quarter (www.MQW.AT). Such significant collections as private artistic collections are concentrated here Museum of Rudolf Leopold (www.leopoldmuseum.ORG), Museum of Contemporary Art MUMOK (www.MUMOK.AT), Children’s museum, Tobacco Museum, Vienna Pavilion Arts and Architectural Center. However, the total number of all sorts of cultural institutions here is simply no account. It is worth mentioning only the main concert hall of Vienna – Muzikverin (www.Musikverein.AT), magnificent building of the exhibition center Secession (www.Wecession.AT), Neighborhood complex Kunstlerhaus (www.K-Haus.AT), the platform of the world famous Vienna Philharmonic – Grossser-Hall (www.wienerphilharmoniker.AT) With his amazing acoustics, the most impressive baroque church of the Vienna – Karlskirche (www.Karlskirche.AT), plus another three excellent museum: Viennese, MAK (museum of applied art) (WWW.Mak.AT) and the State Academy of Construction (WWW.Akademiegalerie.AT) (despite "Industrial" The name is a very serious art collection). And, of course, State opera (www.Wiener-Staatsoper.AT) – The first public building on Ringstrasse (open in May 1869.). Now it is one of the business cards of the city and the real center of cultural life, which is not only in its concerts and productions, but also the architecture of the complex itself.
- Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Contemporary Art (Mumok)
- Museum Leopold
Big rectangular Schwarzenbergplatz square Quarterly to the east of Karlsplatz once was one of the most fashionable areas of the capital. In her southern end there is a picturesque Hochstrahlbrunnen, Mounted in 1873 as a symbol of new and at the time of the most modern in Europe of the water supply system of the city. It is almost hiding behind him Russen Heldendenkmal – Monument to our heroes with a monument to an unknown soldier. East, at the corner of Zaunergasse and Daffingerstrasse, is located Center Arnold Schönberga, "Father atonal music" and famous painter.
Outdoor in 1862 as the first public Public Park, Stadtpark spread to the northeast of schwarzenbergplatz. His decoration is Monument to Strauss (1925.) and casiaon in which the famous Vienna Waltz Orchestra performs each week (WWW.Strauss-Concerts.COM). Already mentioned Austrian Museum of Applied Art, More famous as MAK, – Lies several north of Stadpark. This is one of the most pleasant museums of Vienna – besides excellent collections of art objects starting from the Roman period until the 20th century, it is famous for the unique design of a number of internal premises. Temporary exhibitions are often held at the Austelungshall Museum, the main entrance of which is located on Weiskirchnerstrasse, is interesting and nearby museum Studiensamlung.
The last sector of Ringstrasse, from Stubentor to Urania, was built up in the years before the First World War and contains a number of famous architectural samples of the city. Among them, the complex of postal savings bank of Austria PostSparkasse (1912 g.) – the first building of Europe, in the construction of which was used very expensive then aluminum.
Horseshoe seven old regions forms inner suburbs of veins, known as Forestadt (VORSTADTE – "Suburbs", "suburb"). Limited by Ringstrasse and Gurtel streets, they stayed mostly by residential neighborhoods, although everyone has its own commercial district, the largest of which is considered the main shopping street of the city – Mariahilferstrasse. The sights of Furhstadt scattered quite widely, so that their visit usually takes a lot of time.
Main Decoration of the Area – Palace Complex Gazebo (III District) (WWW.Belvedere.AT), consisting of two locks: Upper (Oberes Belvedere, 1714-1724.) and Nizhny (Unteres Belvedere, 1714-1716.), as well as a wonderful gardening zone. Built in the XVIII century as a summer residence of Prince Evgenia Savoy, Belvedere on some elements clearly copies French Versailles, but somewhat elegant last. This is the place where the first alpine garden appeared in Europe and the signing of the Declaration on the independence of Austria was signed, and now the complex is given to meetings Austrian gallery, also known as the Belvedere Gallery (there is also a separate one in the lower palace Baroque Museum).
- Palace complex Belvedere
But no matter how good this amazing palace quarter, a huge number of guests are attracted and located nearby House Hundertwasser (Hundertwasserhaus, III District) and a huge complex of arsenal, in which now is located excellent Vienna Military Historical Museum (www.HGM.Or.AT) – the oldest in the world. One of the main attractions of the district is and Freud Museum, located in the house at BergGasse, 19, in which the founder of psychoanalysis lived from 1891 to 1938. Nearby rises one of the few surviving aristocratic summer palaces of Vienna – Palee-Liechtenstein (www.Liechtensteinmuseum.AT), in which the richest private collection of works of art of this prince.
- Palace Palae-Liechtenstein
- Building of the Vienna Military Historical Museum
- Museum of Sigmund Freud
- Franz Schubert House in Vienna
Just north, on Nussdorfer Strasse 54, you can find a modest two-storey house Schuberts gemburtshaus, in which in 1797 the Great Austrian composer Franz Peter Schubert was born. And the eastern tip of Landstrasse, in three old brick buildings at Ludwig-Koessler-Platz, is a pretty cute city museum tram. In addition to the huge number of trams, there are exhibitions dedicated to the army transport, the Hands of the 1870s, steam omnibuses (the first steam tram of the vein, which is still here on the go!), and even a children’s railway.
Closer to brilliant shop windows of Mariahilferstrasse stores can be found so-called Imperial furniture warehouse (Kaiserliches Hofmobiliendepot, AndreasGasse 7, WWW.Hofmobiliendepot.AT), in which, despite his unattractive name, is a surprisingly interesting museum of history and decorative and applied fisheries. The story of this "Big flea market", As often called the meeting – in 1747, Maria Teresia founded Hofmobiliendepot as the main supplier of furniture of the imperial courtyard, which also sold the items of the Palace, released from fashion. And after 1918, when it was found that more than 650 thousand accumulated in warehouses (!) furniture and interior items, it was decided to turn it into the museum.
More distant from the Residence of the Habsburg Area Fortera (VORORTE – "Outernesses") Until the middle of the 20th century there were primary small private villas and gardens, among whom loved to settle to know. The true decoration of these places is the famous Palace Schönbrunn (www.Schoenbrunn.AT) – Summer Residence of Habsburgs and one of the most beautiful palace-park complexes of Europe.
- Palace Schönbrunn
- Carousel in Pratera
Located in the western part of the Austrian capital, in the Hitzing area, in its original form, it was built in the XVI century on the site of the monastery estate from the picturesque Rodnikov (Schoene Brunnen – "Beautiful sources") In the XVII century, the estate turns into a hunting palace, but after the Turkish siege he has to rebuild it again, and in 1696 the famous architect Johan Bernard Fisher von Erlah begins his many years of work. Officially, the palace was built in 1713, but one and a half centuries it was completely rebuilt and reconstructed. As a result, by now, it turned into a huge (1441 hall and room, the area along with the park – more than 5 hectares) complex, famous for its unique interiors in the style of Rococo, beautiful Skosposcom, which also hosts the oldest in the world Zoo Tirgarten (Tiergarten Schönbrunn, built in 1752 g., www.ZOOVIENNA.AT), Collection of Careet Wagenburg, Botanical Garden (rather – greenhouse, which is often used as an exhibition complex) Palmenhaus, Labyrinth, Stables Irganton and Roman ruins, as well as lying nearby Natural Reserve Lainzer-Tirgarten, excellent Technical Museum (www.Technischesmuseum.AT) and IMAX cinema (www.Imax.AT). It is not surprising that in December 1996, the palace together with the park was listed with UNESCO World Heritage Site and more than 6 million visitors are attracted annually!
Visit Schönbrunn can be every day (from April to June, in September and October – from 8.30 to 17.00; in July and August – from 8.30 to 18:00; from November to March – from 8.30 to 16.30), organized tours on the palace cost from 8 to 13 euros, depending on the duration, however, thematic excursions on the palace halls will cost 15-40 euros. To visit the zoo, stable and greenhouses, quite enough Kombi-Karte for 16 euros (zoo separately – 12 euros, Pisnenhaus is separate – 4.5 euros), and the entrance to the territory of Schlossparca is free (open daily: from April to October – from 6.00 before sunset, from November to March – from 6.30 before sunset).
The only competitor Schönbrunnu may be, perhaps, only lying on the eastern shore of the Danube Canal Park and the cultural and exhibition complex PRTRAC. Former and hunting grounds, and a recreation area of the ruling dynasty, in 1766 the park became open to the public, and in 1873 the World Exhibition is held here, which gave the impetus to the development of all sorts of exhibition and entertainment institutions. Now you can find a stadium and hippodrome, a huge amusement park VursTelprater with ferris wheel Risenrad (Height 60 m, 1896-1897.), miniature railway, cydodrome, numerous sports grounds, many excellent restaurants and cafes connected by a whole network of picturesque alleys. From here you can easily get to the excellent Museum Strauss On Praterstrasse 54, to four gorgeous brick cylinders towers Gasometer (1898 G.), rebuilt into the modernist shopping and entertainment complex, to one of the largest cemeteries in Europe – Central Chridhof, on which Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Schönberg, Strauss and other great people of past epochs, and the green foothills Wienerwalda (Viennese forest), where in the dwelling days almost the whole capital rushes.
In ancient park Augarten Dozens of musical representations and symphony concerts are held regularly. The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna, the longest residential building in the world also deserve attention – Karl-Marx Hof complex (1927-1930., 1100 m long) in the northwestern district of Debling, the rig complex Flakturm VIII (Network of huge anti-aircraft towers unfolded by the Nazis for all the main cities of the Reich) in the parks are Aberg and Augarten (in one of them, an aquarium is even arranged!), Cemetery of St. Mark (Sankt Marxer Friedhof, Mozart, Strauss, Donner and Others are buried here, televice Donauturm (1964., 252 m – the highest city building), Church of Maria Fom-Ziga (Mary Winner, XVII-XIX BB.) and Scottish Cathedral (Schottenstift, XV-XVIII centuries.), as well as several world famous museum homes – Gaidna, Paskwalati, Beethoven and others.
- Mozart’s grave on the cemetery of St. Mark
- Church of St. Michael
- Palace Ferstiel
No tourist will be able to resist the temptation to visit the famous Viennese cafes and restaurants, which are the same inalienable attribute of the city as its numerous historical monuments. Viennese cafes – the oldest in the world, it is from here a culture of coffee spread across Europe, and it is here that this drink was built into the cult. Now cafe as such (kaffeehaus) more resemble restaurants, where a visitor will serve several dozen varieties of coffee, pastries, alcohol products and even quite serious lunch. But there are a number of more democratic institutions (Kaffee-Konditorei), in which coffee is only an addition to buns or liver.