Shopping in Riga
The capital of Latvia attracts tourists not only unusually beautiful nature, many architectural monuments, a variety of museums, recreation centers and entertainment, gastronomic delights and modern wellness centers, but also convenient and affordable shopping.
Unlike many European cities, where shops are far from each other, in Riga, large shopping centers are concentrated in one place. Designer shops, boutiques of famous brands, shoe galleries diverse a walk through the historic center of the city and pleasantly surprise prices.
- Boutique Riija
- Multi-brand boutique Plaza
- Green Studio Pienene
- Cosmetics Dzintars
Among the most popular Riga stores:
- Store Latvian design and lifestyle Riija (Terbatas Street, 6/8) – In the boutique, a huge selection of home products: from bed linen, towels and home clothes before exclusive furniture, dishes and lamps.
- Representation of Latvian designers (Berg Bazaars, Elizabetes Street, 83/85) – Klase-opened Klase store offers men’s, female and children’s collections, shoes and accessories from leading Latvian designers. Exclusive things made of natural flax, silk, cotton, mohair and wool are made in a single copy. Every week in the store holds fashion shows, presentations of new collections, meeting fashion designers, closed events for VIP guests.
- Boutique Decadence (Maz Mazu Street, 13) – Multibrend Boutique of Male and Women’s Clothing, Here you can find things of avant-gardeists and classics of world fashion: from the floor Smith to Eli Tahari.
- Multi-brand boutique Plaza (Kungu Street, 25) – The real luxury and style palace, in which you can buy fashionable new items from world-famous designers.
- Shopping center Galleria Riga (Dzirnavu Street, 67) – is located in the busy Riga Business Center. Numerous shops and restaurants are located on the seven of its floors. You can also climb the terrace of the shopping center on the roof of the building, – in the summer I sit in a cozy cafe, ice skating in winter.
- Shopping center Podium (Brivibas Street, 201) – Most ours prefer to shop exactly here: in a four-story building a huge selection of clothing, shoes and accessories from leading world brands, as well as exclusive interior and home textile items. One minus – a great probability to make a lot of unplanned shopping.
- Galerija Centrs shopping and entertainment center (Street Audeu, 16) – In the modern five-story shopping center, located in the heart of Old Riga, you can also purchase the necessary things, and relax in the center of beauty, health and sports Kolonna SPA, and try national cuisine in numerous restaurants and cafes.
- In Riga, a large selection of natural cosmetics – products of national brands Dzintars, Madara and Stenders, as well as other world-famous manufacturers can be found in the shopping center Galleria Riga. Naturalness and environmental friendliness – the main principles of Latvian brands. All national cosmetics are made from natural ingredients of plant origin, and packaging – from natural materials.
- Green Studio Pienene (Kungu Street, 7/9) is a pleasant atmosphere, a stylish interior, natural cosmetics of Latvian production, Latgale ceramics and porcelain from Piebalgi. The store also offers original eco-friendly toys ("Lotes Toys", "Patte"), textiles made of flax, eco-friendly bedding "Orgamint", Buckwheat pillows and many other original things.
- Vintage Ze Store (Mières Street, 17) – You can easily find a suit for the thematic party and unique vintage things and interior items.
As a souvenir from Riga, it is customary to bring amber – in the markets and in souvenir shops there is a wide range of products from this stone – from low-cost chains to luxurious jewelry. Also popular ecocosmetics, national sweets and exclusive decorations created by Latvian designers. For ours a big plus shopping in Riga is the Tax Free system. So, when leaving Latvia, you can return the VAT included in the price of purchased goods (it is returned when purchasing more than 30 lats – about two thousand rubles).