Shatsk (Shatsk)

Shazk — City in the Ryazan region, the administrative center of Shatsky district. Located on the left bank of the Shachi River. Distance to Ryazan — 160 km, to Moscow — 350 km. Population — 6029 people.

History Shatska

Earth in the basins of the Rivers of the Rivers and Shachi in the first century of our era began to settle the Finno-Ugric tribes. In the VIII century, Slavs come here, gradually assimilating the local population. In the XIII century, the settlements on the site of the modern ball were subjected to raids of the Mongol-Tatar Haling and paid tribute to Horde.

After the Golden Horde broke, the our population begins to settle south. King Ivan III supported immigrants by hanging their land and temporarily freeing from taxes. Also here came those who were looking for free life: peasants, serunens, fucked criminals.

Life on the southern border of the our state was not safe, settlements were subjected to regular raids of the Crimeans and Nogai. To protect against enemies was built a large die — Powerful defense system, which consisted of cities-fortresses and natural water and forest obstacles.

One of these cities and became Shatsk, founded in May 1553. He began with several wooden houses and the oak fortress with double walls, as well as the temple of the Resurrection of Christ. The city was rebuilt in just a year and got the name Shazk — from the Shachi River, on which stood.

Already in 1554, Tatars attacked Tatzk, but were repulsed. Later, the city was subjected to raids of the Turks, Tatars and Nogai, but powerful oak walls and a large garrison reliably defended the city from the enemy. In just the XVI-XVII century, 43 raids were committed to the southern border areas, but Shacksky was never seized and even sent part of his garrison to help to other cities.

In the spring of 1636, the carpenters from the ball founded the city of Tambov, the first inhabitants of which were coming from Shatsky village Konobyevo.

By the XVIII century, when the danger of raids of Tatars and Nogaites comes on no, the estates of the highest ranks of the our state appear on the shores of the balls. At this time, Shazk becomes the county city of Azov province, renamed to Voronezh, and later attributed to the Tambov province and receives his own coat of arms.

By the beginning of the XIX century, Shazk — Pretty big city. It has 5 churches, 157 members of the merchant class live, 389 yamshchikov, 15 mesh and more than 2000 peasants. There is one educational institution here, as well as restaurants and peteed houses. In the middle of century, Shazk visited the writer a.WITH. Pushkin.

At this time, the city acquires all-our fame thanks to the fairs where the fairings were traded here. They collected people not only from the surrounding cities, but also from the north of the country. Also in the region, carpentry and gardening were actively developed, the release of sheepskin flourished.

At the beginning of the 20th century, the population of the ball is more than 5,000 people. There are almost a thousand residential buildings, of which 27 — From stone, streets illuminate 60 kerosene lanterns, there are eight orthodox temples. Matching and leather factory work, there are women’s gymnasium and a public library.

In 1923, the city becomes part of the Ryazan region.

Sights Shatska

One of the interesting places Shatzka — Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ, which was built at the end of the XVIII century and reconstructed in the first half of the XIX. In Soviet power, the temple was closed and partially destroyed, currently used as a bus station.

Not far from it is a wooden Church of Nicholas Wonderworker, Built back in 1600 and preserved in pristine form before the beginning of the XIX century.

In 1838, it was strengthened and expanded, in the 30s of the 20th century, it was closed, but in wartime it became opened and to this day is open for believers.

On Red Square draws attention blue Trinity Cathedral. It was built at the end of the XVIII century on the merchant Milovanova and expanded in the middle of the XIX century with the financial participation of the parishioners. In the XX century, it was closed, in 1993 she was again transferred to the Orthodox Church.

Next to the city cemetery there is an elegant Assumption Church. Erected it in 1843 for money of local merchants. In the 30s of the XX century, the temple was closed, and since 2000, services are held here again.

A very beautiful building, which was built in the first half of the XIX century, stands on the Republican Street. Here was previously located Spiritual School, But after the revolution it was closed. Now there is a cultural school here.

Another attractive tourist place in the city — the fountain “Pissing boy”. He appeared here in 2012 and is very similar to his more famous Brussels.

Many interesting and in the Shatsky district. One of the brightest attractions — Manor Naryshkin "Bykov Mount”.

Town days have been preserved wooden boric estate with silicon windows, semi-colonels, balconies and galleries. An old mansion is recognized as an architectural monument of the XVIII-XIX centuries.

Very near the village of Euthes Skyzhensky Assumption Women’s Monastery. He was laid in 1625 and was originally male.

The first church appeared here at the end of the XVIII century, and in the XIX in. — Three more churches and bell tower. In the XX century, the abode was closed, the property was nationalized. In 1990, a female monastery was opened here.

Shatsk (Shatsk)

We can get acquainted with Shatsky Edge in Choselnovsky Museum of Museum, founded in 1958 as a school and gradually expanded to the scale of the district.

The Museum Foundations contain many ethnographic and archaeological exhibits, as well as household goods, photographic materials and works of local artists.

Another popular place among tourists — Borkovskaya HPP On the river Tsne. When it is built, the Borkovskoye reservoir was formed.

Another reservoir — Zatonskoe Ply Zatonskaya HPP — Located on the River End from the village of Maryino. Currently, the HPP do not act and partially destroyed.

On the banks of the River Tsna, there is another Shatskaya shrine — Nikolo Chernevsky Men’s Monastery. It was founded at the end of the XVI century by the Don Cossack Matthew and was originally called Matheva Desert.

In the architectural ensemble of the monastery, the cult buildings of the XVIII-XIX centuries have been preserved.

Climate

The climate in the ball is moderately cold, characterized by frosty and snowy winter and warm and rainy summer, as well as the bright severity of all weather seasons. Winds predominantly southern and southwestern. The average annual amount of precipitation — About 600 mm.

The coldest month — January with an average temperature about -11°WITH. The warmer month — July, when the average temperature keeps at +18°WITH. The maximum amount of precipitation falls in June. The most comfortable month for visiting the ball can be considered August, when heat, the largest number of sunny days, and the probability of precipitation is low.

How to get to the ball

Full time from Moscow to the ball to get on a personal car. Distance — about 362 km, travel time — just over 4 hours. You need to go along the route M5 through Ryazan and Shilovo.

Also the our capital with Shatz binds a direct bus record. Buses depart from bus station Kotelniki, Krasnogvardeysky, Bus Station “Southern Gate” And the metro Schelkovskaya.

Travel time — from 5 to 7 hours. Also in the ball on the bus can be reached from Regional Centers Samara and Penza.

You might also enjoy:

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

*

code