San Francisco – 20 sights for 2 days (1st day) Part 3
San Francisco International Airport – SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, His code SFO. It is located about twenty kilometers south of Downoutauna (official website).
You can get from the airport to the desired point in the city in the following ways:
- Bay Area Rapid Transit, Bart (high-speed electric trains) – Trip value in one direction 8.25 dollars, Travel time from the international terminal to the city center – about 30 minutes (details here).
- SAMTRANS (Express) – Trip value in one direction 5 dollars, Travel time from an international terminal to Temporary Transbay Terminal – About 30 minutes (details on the site).
- SuperShuttle (minivan) – Trip value in one direction 17 dollars, delivers to the city center (details on the company’s website).
- Taxi – The airport is coming to Dountown 35-50 dollars.
Flights Moscow-San Francisco
Flights from Moscow to San Francisco carries out many airlines, among which:
- United Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- American Airlines
- S7 and others.
The average cost of the flight Route back from 35 to 45 thousand. USD If you want to fly as much cheaply, buy tickets no later than a month before departure, and it is desirable that the flight comes from the morning of the weekday.
Travel time varies depending on the airline, but hours of fourteen a total of in the plane will have to spend, or even more. As far as I know, there are no direct flights, so configure at least one transplant.
You can always choose the appropriate option using Matching Aviasales:
Public transport in San Francisco
Main types of public transport, which are convenient to move between central areas of the city – These are buses, trams and cable trams.
Refills all these types of transport San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI). On the official website there is a map with routes and other useful information.
The tram network is called Muni Metro – Single half-meter with high-speed trams. The route scheme looks like this:
Cable trams (Cable-Cars), Which are a means of movement, and historical monuments at the same time, run as follows (only three routes):
Fare: by bus or ordinary tram – 2 dollars, on a cable tram – 6 dollars. You can buy a subscription – MUNI PASSPORT: 1 day – 14 dollars, 3 days – 22 dollars, 7 days – 28 dollars. This subscription gives the right to an unlimited number of trips. You can buy it in San Francisco Visitor Information Center or in the TIX Bay Area Kiosk on Union Square.
Another option – acquire City Pass, which includes a visit to four attractions and unlimited travel on all types of muni transport within one day, including cable trams.
Separately, it is possible to note the already mentioned system of electric trains Bart (come in handy for trips to remote areas). In fact, this is our analog underground. Here is the route scheme:
I think this is enough in order to study the city and its main sights.
Time in San Francisco
The time difference between San Francisco and Moscow is 10 hours in the summer and 11 hours in winter. When in Frisco ten o’clock in the morning, in our capital eight in the evening.
Savory San Francisco: Winter – GMT-8 (Standard), in the summer (from the beginning of March to November) – GMT-7, T.E. +1 hour.
Moscow time zone: GMT + 3, daylight saving time canceled.
Accommodation in San Francisco (Apartments and House Airbnb, Hotels)
Housing options, as always, great many, especially in such large and popular cities like San Francisco. You can search for them in various ways, ranging from the use of large aggregators, which will immediately show almost all possible hotels / hotels / motels / hostels, ending with housing from private traders or «shelter» from Kouverterov.
We usually do as follows:
1. First, we look at all available accommodation options in the desired city on the AirbnB website (if you do not know what it is and how to use it, I advise you to read my instructions, as this is a very useful resource for rental housing worldwide). In the States, Eirbnb works very well and gives many interesting options.
We in San Francisco picked up a cozy room for $ 60 in "creative" House in the adjacent city of Auckland. To San Francisco from it 10-15 minutes by car, but the accommodation cost us decent cheaper than the Middle Price Tag.
If you want to try AIRBB in action, here are the links to the necessary sections:
Going on the last link, you will be taken to the section where all those offered on Airbnb accommodation options for housing in the States will be collected. There you can enter the title of the city in the upper left corner, which is interested, and get a sample of housing based on it, plus there is an opportunity "Play" With other parameters to choose the options as suitable for personal requests (the picture is increasing):
You can see and pick up the housing by using the search form:
I will show another couple of specific examples of what can be rented in San Francisco on the AIRBNB website:
Here are direct links to this accommodation, if you like it: Option number 1, option number 2 and option number 3 →
Details about the operation of the Airbn service and the order of booking, as well as the $ 20 bonus on the first booking (for unregistered users), look for in the already mentioned article instruction. There are reviews and links to specific rooms and apartments that we rented Andrews.
2. If on airbnb for some reason, it was not possible to choose accommodation (we do not have time to agree with the owner, the price, location and t.D.), we are looking for a hotel room with a search engine for hotels Hotellook.Ru (It compares many accommodation options offered on sites such as Booking, Agoda and DR.):
I know that many are accustomed to book rooms in hotels Booking.Com, In this case, our affiliate link to this site (if, of course, no one mind) 🙂
3. If neither the first nor the second choice of housing is suitable (suddenly suddenly decided that tomorrow we are going to San Francisco, and there is no longer any time or desire and book and book no longer, or all the offered places are too expensive, and it happens that the Internet No hand), then on arrival to the city We go to seek accommodation by looking tracking and peering in different hotels and hostels. This method is the most time-consuming, but you always see where you will live and can be worn out (on airbnb, by the way, you can also).
Here is such a simple algorithm, applicable not only to major American cities, but also in any other place. The only thing that is worth considering that in high season housing in popular cities should be booked in advance, otherwise, most likely, you will have to choose from the remaining expensive options.