Salty Golden bottom Lake Elton (Volgograd region)
As a source of salt, the lake was known in the time of Ivan the Terrible, when Astrakhan Khanate was conquered. And the most active salt here was mined during the reign of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna.
However, in the late 80s, salt mining was discontinued. From this pore, the lake and the terrain around him began to be considered a resort.
Few facts about this lake.
1. The largest mineral lake area in Europe! 152 kV.KM.
2. Depth in the summer – only 5-7 cm! But in the spring can reach up to 1.5 meters.
3. This is one of the most mineralized lakes of the world! Mineralization of Elton 1.5 times higher than that of the Dead Sea!
4. The territory around the lake on which the virgin steppes are located, in 2001 he became part of the natural park "Altonian".
5. Bottom sulphide dirt of the lake – therapeutic. In addition, a mineral source is located in 3 km from it.
6. Lake is located at an altitude of 15 m below sea level.
7. In the water of the lakes live algae, giving him a reddish tint.
eight. On Mongolian, the name of the lake – "Altyn-Nor" which means "Golden bottom".
And salt places right out of water. Here is such a lake in Russia.
Probably, it looks very interesting when someone goes on water. Like Christ, who walked over the surface of the Galilee Sea and not silent)).