Pori (Pori) – The city in the south-west of Finland, located at the mouth of the Cokemen River 10 km from the coast of the Baltic Sea Baltie Bay, 140 km from Turku and 245 km from Helsinki. Population – 83 032 people (2010).
Pori – one of the six vintage medieval cities in Finland.
Since 1966, a traditional festival has been held in the city «Pori Jazz». Every year jazz musicians from Finland and other countries take part in this event. The main music area is located in Kirurinloodon Saari – the green area in the Delta of the Cochchemeni River, which is the cultural and historical part of the city and the place of leisure of citizens.
Old city center – Beautiful architectural complex consisting of buildings built in the middle of the XIX – early XX centuries.
City Hall – erected in 1841 on Hallituskatu 9A Central Street (Hallituskatu 9a). Caidally restricted in 1991, the Town Hall is now – one of the dominant of the historical center of Pori.
Central Lutheran Cathedral – It is located on the arrow between two bridges passing through the Cokemeni River. The church in the firm style was built in 1863.
City municipality On Hallituskatu Street (Hallituskatu, 12) is located in the building of the Palace of Robert Junnelius, built in 1895 in the style of Venetian palaces.
Mausoleum Youssey – Mausoleum of the Mining Advisor f. A. Yuzelius is in Kyppyari’s cemetery and is the most famous cultural attraction of Pori, as a manifestation of fatherly love for his daughter who died in the 11th age.
Village Reposaari With neat wooden houses of the XVIII century, there are 32 km from the city and is interesting as a place where residents of the coast have been living by sea and fishing.
In 1558, the Duke of Finland Yuhana Juhana III decided to establish a strong shopping city on the coast of the Botnik Gulf. The urban settlement that existed at the time did not have enough opportunities for the formation of fortification fortifications, in connection with which 10 km from Ulvil, on the Open Sea coast, the city of Bjornborg was founded at the mouth of the Cokemääääääää.
When the sea retreat and the climb of the Sushi surface, the city over time from Primorsky became river, and now it is 10 km from the Boat, on the shores of the Cochchemeni River.
In April 1918, two our imperial mine cruisers were captured off the coast of the head of the bourgeois Finland – «Posadan» and "Voevod" (participating in the February Revolution, and from November 7, 1917 were part of the Red Baltic Fleet). Both cruisers with new Finnish names – Klashorn and Matti Smokes were introduced into the Navy Finland. In 1922, according to Yuryevsky peace treaty, they were refunded by the RSFSR, but as finally obsolete was sold to Finland as scrap metal.