Find for yourself Virumaaa
The history of the city – Pest, dated by many conquests. In the 13th century built Danes on the West Bank of the River Fortress. Rights of Narva received in 1345. In the times of the Livonian war, the city switched the Swedes. The bloom of the city was the 16-17th century, when built the old town in the style of Baroque and powerful bastions. The old town built by the Swedes was destroyed during World War II. Only a few buildings resemble past times.
Narva Fortress is one of the characters of Ida-Virumaa, which the Danes created in the 13th century. The fortress rebuilt the Livonian Order in 14-16 centuries. During the Northern War under the walls of the urban fortress, two big battle passed. In 1700, the Swedish troops defeated Karl XII, and in 1704 the battle ended with the victory of our troops.
Narva Museum is in the Narva Fortress. The main exposition of the museum considers the history of the city from the 13th century to the beginning of the 20th century. In the Tower of Long Germany, temporary exhibitions are exhibited, concerts and solemn techniques. The museum is open from Wednesday until Sunday 10.00 – 18.00 (address: Peterbury Tee 2, bodies. 035 33201,03531 249).
Town Hall was built in 1668-1671. Example of the Northern Baroque, architecture monument. City hospital built in 1913 by 300 anniversary of the Romanov dynasty.
Cotton Combine Kregolm Manufactory Compactly located industrial ensemble, built in the second half of the 19th century, to a large extent affects the architectural appearance of modern Narva. Now the owner of the factory is the Swedish enterprise Boras Vaveri. The trademark of Kregolm is known far beyond the limits of the Republic.
Art Gallery in 1991 Created gallery is a branch of the Narva Museum. The main exposition consists of a personal assembly of artworks of the merchant Lauregov, who lived in Narva in the 19th century. Temporary exhibitions exhibit works as Estonian and foreign artists. Gallery is open from Wednesday to Sunday 10.00-18.00 (address: ul. Westerwalls 21, bodies. 035 24 713). Overnight offer Hotels Alice, Electra, Vanalinn, Transitiite, Yusian.
Additional information can be obtained in the Narva Center for Tourist Information at ul. Pushkin 13, bodies. 035 60184.
The tank monument is located at the road Narva – Narva-Jõesuu. In early 1944, severe battles were held here. Estonians fought in the ranks of the German army, reflecting the onset of the Red Army. Tank Indicates the place of breakthrough of our troops.
2. Narva-Yõesuu is a wide, sandy bank for 7.5 km, a centenary park, sanatorium, hotels, cafes and bars talk about the once famous resort town. Partially survived, built in 1912, reminds of the brilliance of the celebrity resort of past times.
A lot of wars passed through this place, but especially cruel fights were held here in 1944, when 200,000 people died.
Resensey – Western Western Synesea, here During the North War, Peter 1 ordered to build a viewing tower, from where a beautiful view of the surroundings opened. In Synesea, erected a large, 12-meter metal cross in honor of all the warriors dead here,
Vaivara’s hiking trail begins at the volost control, the length of the trail is 22 km (you can pass and partially).
Because of the military factory until 1991, a closed city – a living example of the cities of the Soviet Union. In the postwar years, the city center was built, imitating classicism and baroque style; From the central square of the city descends the solemn staircase to the sea, where a beautiful sandy shore. In the city center of the living house Kroop (bar).
The valley of the Pyucheya River and the Fresh Sea Air Manila’s holidaymakers here at the end of the 19th century. In Tila then there were 500 locals, and vacationers more than 1000. Vacationers lived on farms. Toyla became famous especially at the turn of the century, when a rich our merchant Eliseev ordered to build a lock and create a park. In 1934, Estonian industrialists Krull, Puchk and Rottermann bought a castle and gave it to the Government of Estonia. The castle of the gun was the summer residence of President Estonia. President spent in Toyla only a few summer holidays – the Second World War began. In 1944, the Germans blew the castle.
Park Out – Pearl Local Landscape. 258 different types of trees and bushes are growing in the park. In recent years, three fountains, the grotto and pavilion of Nyamesa (Witch Forest) have been restored, where warm summer evenings can be admired.
In the western part of the park there is a singing scene where concerts are held, singing holidays and performances.
Also a suitable place for concerts – the grotto of Hybealik, who is located next to the former presidential residence.
Toyla Museum in the old building of the fire department created a small museum, who introduces us with the history of Toyla Fire Society.
Aloi’s waterfall in Miza Pyucheye in the River Pyucheya Ruch Mountains, where the picturesque four-stage waterfall of Aloi is located.
The Church of Pyucheye was built in 1838, was restored in 1989. You can spend the night on the tent site at the wrench or in Toyla sanatorium. You can have lunch or dinner in the restaurant frigate or in the restaurant Sanatorium.
6.Valasta waterfall – the highest waterfall in Estonia (25 m). From the observation deck of the waterfall is best visible to the Glint of Northern Estonia. In the village of Valasta on the farm Tiggy you can spend time spending riding.
The first written information about the village of Otchik can be found in "Danish valuation book", where the village is called undaegas.
Otch’s Mazz appeared in historical sources from the middle of the 17th century. In the period from 1677 to 1939, the Year of Mazz moved from hand to hand. Now the Mazo is managed by the Center for Development and Education. Restailed building Moods – a great place for conducting seminars, meetings, visiting meetings and TP. Overnight – in the living house included in the center of the center.
Outcast molding for millions of years Natural forces formed a beautiful and highest one-reaching height of 56 m above sea level – Mlintest in Estonia. In each piece of high limestone wall froze as if in the museum of the life of the seabed of millions of years ago. His current form of MlinT acquired over the past 11,000 years. Forest under mlinet grows raw and peculiar. To preserve such a unique nature created the reserve of the OTIC. In 1996, the Nature Protection Commission of the Academy of Sciences of Estonia on the proposal of the public chose the mulling of Northern Estonia by the natural heritage and the national symbol of our Motherland. Also, this mullet is presented to UNESCO World Heritage List.
Camping trail of the Otchik To get acquainted with a mullet, a hiking trail of Saka Ontika has been laid. Length of the trail approximately 6 km. Beginning of the trail – Mazz Otik.
The formation of the city was associated directly with the mining and processing of the slate. The attractability adds the territory of Kiviyli, the height is greater than one hundred meters, on the rise of which the staircase is constructed. From territory opens an unforgettable view of the surrounding production and natural landscape. You can have a snack in Monipek cafe.
nine.Luganus – a settlement, once located around the grassrootion of the River Purtse, is considered on the basis of archaeological finds one of the oldest in the north-east of Estonia. Found burials date back to the middle of the first century BC.NS. In the early 13th century, the current territory of the arrival of Luganus was called the name of the peasant community Askalae. In those days there were 16 villages with 197 nuts. Overnight offers Luganus Pukhkable.
Karst Ughak – on Carsh Ughaku is absorbed by the River Erra underground, leaving Earth in the form of springs at the Purtse River. The originality of Karst is a large number of springs within a radius of one kilometer. The biggest of them is the last, t.N. Suurhaud (big grave).
Church of Luganus – for the first time in writing mentioned in 1373. The longitudinal building received its current appearance probably in the 14th century. The Church has rarely found decorations of the frontones and the altar room from the 15th century.
Maza Pyussi – founded in 1541.
Taracald’s fortress is one of the most powerful fortifications of Virumaa, the center of the former arrival of Askalae. The territory of the settlement (7500 m2) from all sides surrounds the shaft built by human labor. At one time, wooden defensive structures were located on the shaft. The settlement had two gates. The settlement was used only at the danger, in a quiet time they lived in the village of Purtse.
ten. Ponts Fortress in historical sources known as Isaenheim or Alt-Isaenheim, built in interesting times – the sunrise of late Gothic and the threighter of the Renaissance period.
Construction of a vassal castle began with Jacob background Taube in 1533. During the time, the building had to perform different functions: it was a place of residence of the feudal family, defended during military trips, was later used as a prison, glacier and grain warehouse. In the days of the Northern War, the fortress of Spurts, located at a large trading and military road, suffered greatly. By 1950, only ruins remained. The fortress was renovated in 1987-1990.
Now the fortress is a great place for concerts, conferences and solemn receptions. Nutrition by reservation.
Hiyhemya – Higher place in the district – apparently the sanctuary of ancient Estonians and the place of meetings of elders communities. In 1992, under the leadership "Altagus Memento" Began to create "Mourning park victims evil". In a mourning park, representatives of government, counties and many organizations, as well as the President of the Republic of Estonia, were planted. In 1993, they created a map of Estonia’s pain on the lawn, an Estonia map is depicted, where data is noted on all deported from all counties. From Hiyhemya begins a hiking trail of Purtse (10.5 km).
eleven. Calvi Mazz is on the border of Ida- and Lyane-Virumaaa. 1913 Built estate – a bulk building from granite in Yuggendstil, crowned with wild circle and suede stairs. At one time, the hunting castle of Calvi offered his picturesque landscape and abundance of game good opportunities for hunting. After serving the solderbreaks in the building there were a holiday home, a sanatorium and a pretender. Calvi is the only manifice in Ida-Virumaa, returned to the successful owner. Now restoration work is underway in the building.
Cross Kirkkul – erected in honor of our Prince Rosland, who died during the our-Swedish war in the 16th century.
12. Padorg. Picturesque valley and two settlements belonging to the XI – XIII centuries.
13. The Viru-Nigul fortified church is the first stone church of Virumaa, built in the XIV century in the Gothic style. Located Museum located near the church estate located near the church.
fourteen. Picarist. The building of the postal station, built in 1816, is one of the few preserved similar buildings on the road from Narva on Tallinn. After the construction of the railway station lost its appointment and parish school was opened in the building. Pupil School Leonhard Bloomer graduated from a missionary school in Leipzig, worked as a missionary in Africa. Created writing for the nationality of Masai and wrote the first alphabet in Masai.
15. On the Lamma Mammya Hill, located south of. Kunda, in the middle of the stone century there was a settlement, which is one of the oldest settlements of a person in Estonia. The development of the city of Kunda began in the 70s of the XIX century with the construction of a cement plant here, one of the largest in those days in Russia. In 1633, a Holstein diplomatic embassy landed near Kunda after the shipwreck, including the writer Adam Olairius. He stopped in Myz Kund for a long time, and later, when publishing his travel notes, placed in the book Figure of the Kundas Mood, which is the oldest drawing of the building of the Baltic countries. Possibilities of accommodation in Kunda – Hotel. Tourist Information Point: Cupusema 10, Tel. +372 32 170
16. Toolse castle was built in 1471 to protect the local harbor and coast from pirates. Later repeatedly completed protective walls. In the XIX century, there was a harbor where Finnish fishermen came to exchange fish for grain.
17. Rota and Karepa for many decades were favorite places of recreation of Estonian artists and writers. The picturesque valley of the lower reaches of the river, the coast of which places reach heights of 30 meters, the dune sector and pine forests – wonderful places to relax.
eighteen. Vainpea. On the shore there is a protected natural object of Karnakivi, or Pruudikivi with a height of 5.5 m, with a circle of 24.5 m. Opportunities to swell offers Winpea Pension.
19. Vihula. On the beautiful terraced coast of the Mustygy River are numerous, built at different times of the building of the manor complex, the oldest of which is the building of the so-called Tagami, the XVII century. Buildings surrounded by the park’s loose park.
twenty. Mazz Sagadi is one of the most interesting estate ensembles in Estonia. Most of the building belongs to the XVIII – XIX centuries. The Lord Hospitally is furnished with ancient furniture. Nearby are the forest museum, hotel and restaurant. In the former building of the wine factory there is a school for studying nature.
4.7 km natural trail of Oanda passes through various types of forest. Passing along the trail, you can get acquainted with the traces of the activities of bears, elk, kabanov and fish.
The beaver trail lasting 1 km leads to the Alley River Valley, where the traces of other Bobrov’s activities can be seen.
21. The fishing village of ALTA provides the opportunity to visit the restored buildings of the Sarai for storing fishing networks, shift on a swing and enjoy folk cuisine in a rustic Court.
22. Vergi is the harbor, which a lot of tourist yachts from Finland visits in the summer period. In the building of the harbor there is a restaurant.
23. Come out. Thanks to the sandy shore, the city is still at the beginning of the XIX century, the most popular holiday destination on the north shore of Estonia. Hotels offer their services "Sinicoral" and "Marat", hotel "Vivsky Viking". In the recreation camp you can accommodate with tents. 9.5-kilometer tourist trail begins from the camp. You can reinforce yourself in the grill bar and bakery.
24. Kasma – the village of marine captains and shipbuilders became famous thanks to the existing one from 1884 to 1931. Sea school. In the museum, Kasma can be found with the richest history of the village. Not far from the village in the forest there is an axer of huge boulders. Single huddled boulders are also found on the coast. At the local cemetery there is one of the most beautiful in Estonia marmological monuments. For many years, the famous our composer rested in Kasma, Professor of the Moscow Conservatory Cracks (Rod. 1908.). Opportunities for accommodation offer numerous hotels and tourist houses located on the coast: "Rannanamyannid", "Linela", "Sirel", "Laana Pension", Tourist farmer "Wahtra".
25. Palmce. In 1982-1785 built in 1782-1785. The Lordsk House can be found with the most beautiful furnishings and history of the estate, which is a model of the architecture of the Baltic Germans. In the former cavalier building there is a souvenir shop, in the management of the manager – elementary school, and in the former wine factory – hotel, restaurant and beer bar. The numerous trails of the picturesque park are held along the high banks of the river, and bring you to the waterfalls, and to the monastic stones, and to the bride pavilion, and will deliver indelible impressions at any time of the year. The estate buildings for 247 years belonged to Baronam Palenam. Peter Ludwig von Palen participated in the attempt on King Paul 1. Karl Magnus von Palen at the age of 36 reached the title of Major General, participated in the our-Turkish war and the Patriotic War of 1812. His portrait is in the Gallery of the Heroes of the Patriotic War 1812. in Hermitage. Alexander Von Palen supervised the construction of the St. Petersburg-Tallinn railway and was the first director. Opportunities for accommodation: in the accident (5km. from Palmce) and in a tourist house in Oyarse. Palmce is the management of Lahemaa National Park. Info: Tel. 372 32 34196.
26. Viytna. The location was known in the Middle Ages due to the location at the intersection of trade routes. In the restored building of Corchma (XYIII century) there is a restaurant.
Lake Pickärv – One of the most beautiful in Northern Estonia. Around the lake is a tourist trail. Opportunities for accommodation – Recreation center Viytna.
27. Church strengthening in Kadrina was built in the first half of the 20th century. Near the monument to those killed in the liberation war 1918 – 1920.
28. Racvere. At the place of the Esta settlement in the middle of the XIII century, the Danes built a stone fortification, which in the future Germans, ours and Swedes were upset to a powerful fortress. First mentioned in the chronicle of Henry Lithuanian called Tarvpea from 1302 g.called Vessenberg. The city of artisans, merchants in the Middle Ages and the city of schools at the turn of the X1x-twentieth centuries. Center of West Virumea County. The smallest among Estonia cities having their professional theater. For tourists are open: Museum of Local Lore, Museum of Culture. There is an opportunity to see the ruins of the fortress, visit numerous events, such as the Knight’s tournament.
Center for tourist information: Laada 14, bodies. 372 32 25500.
29. Vyanka Maarsya. Fortified church built in the XIV century. The son of the famous our navigator is buried at the local cemetery.AND. Kruzenshtern Vice Admiral Paul Theodore Cruzenshtern and the Son of the Last – Paul, also a prominent navigator and an explorer of the Arctic. In the building of the former parish school is the local history museum. Museum A.AND. Kruzenshtern is located in the building of the Kiltsi school. Museum A.AND. Cruisesther is located in the building of the Kiltsi school. Mazz Kiltsey belonged to Cruisestone and it was here that he made his famous "South Sea Atlas". Right from Vykayka-Maharya legendary weightlifter Georg Lurich (1876-1920) He was called the best on the technique of the world. Lurich died of typhus in Arzamas, buried in the cemetery in Väika-Maharia. You can dine B " Georgi Sgituba" , which is located on the site of the Korchma building, in which George Lurich was born.
Eabaver – Third in height Mountain Hills Pandivera (146m) Place sacrifices of ancient ests.
thirty. Museum Muuga was built in 1860- 1870. famous artist Carl Timoleon Naff. Professor of the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts made everything so that his native estate looks like a real artistic museum. Here he collected his best works, among whom: sculpture "Venus Miloskaya" , "Amor Capalinus" and etc. In addition to their works, neuff also put copies of the paintings of Titian, Rubens, Wang Dequee and others. Most of the works of Neffa are monumental pictures on religious topics, now in Museums of Moscow, St. Petersburg, London, in Germany. In the Hermitage there are his magnificent pictures "Bather" and "Girl in a grotto". The celebrity brought him painting St. Isaac’s Cathedral in St. Petersburg. From 1864. Neff was the Hermitage caretaker, restored the paintings and was responsible for the design of the walls (paintings) in all royal. In 1867. became a cavalier of the Anna Order, in 1874. – Order Vladimir. In Mode, many copies of paintings of Neffa. Accommodation and meals – in Korchme Pyrn not far from Avnirma.
31. Avinurma. The local history museum of Avinurma introduces us with cultural history and local traditions, closely related needlework and woody business, moving from the Father to the Son. Today, firms that have reached production sizes offer various products from wood. Open on Thursdays 10.00 – 17.00.
32.Hydroelectric station Tudulinna In 1947-1950, built by Komsomol shock construction on the river ROOF, a small hydroelectric station, which worked for 9 years. Station recovered and it works again since 1999.
33.Church of Tudulyunna. The only place in Estonia, where two churches are standing nearby (alone, however, in ruins), testifying to the stubbornness of the participants in the church quarrel, originated in the early 19th century.
34. Dunes Smolnitsa – Singing Sands.
Pine in Kuru – the oldest conifer tree in Estonia, which is over 300 years.
35. The North Coast of the Church of the Lake – Choose your facility for you to rest: Rebank, Alaye, Rosquil, Kauksi. Everywhere beautiful sandy bank, pine and different opportunities for overnight.
36. Vaskinarva. From the pier Vasknarva, you can ride on the river Narova, on which the state border between Estonia and Russia passes.
Ruins of Ordulosy. The castle was built by the Germans in 1349, but soon the our troops were destroyed. At the beginning of the 15th century, a new castle was built on the same place. Now, only the remains of the wall are preserved from the castle, 3 meters thick, testifying to a significant place between the two states.
37.Iyzaku is on the northern coast of the Lake Church, surrounded by large swamps and forests. In Jiizak the highest point of Altagus – Mount Truryver. Delicious food is waiting for you in the cafe provinces and Vana Vallama Pub.
Museum, Iyzaku reflects local history and development. Museum – Riga, Masters Room, Old School Class, Firefig Room, Nature Room, Teacher’s Apartment, Fireplace Hall and Exhibition Hall.
Church of Jiizak was built in 1894.
38.Hiking trail of Selisoo. The trail begins at the seat pool of the Mine Estonia, the length of the trail 4 km. The boardwalk is wary between beautiful marsh windows.
39.Maza Myeetagus. In the middle of a century, there is a former manor, first mentioned in 1542, founded by Peter Background Tisenhausen. In 1736 I bought Mazz Otto Fabin von Rosen. In the possession of the loyal of the Miza was almost two centuries. The current manor was built in 1796. In 1890, an extensive repair was made. Restored manor is open to visitors, the guide will introduce you to the yoke in 45 minutes. Concerts and cultural events are held here. In the apartment estate can get overnight two people. Tel. 033 96 125.
40.Pühtitsky Women’s Monastery – the only effective Orthodox monastery in Estonia. Located on the highest hill of the circumference – on the picturesque Kremäea. The monastery was founded in 1891 by the Governor of Estonia Prince Sergei Shakhovsky. Now lives in the monastery 170 nurses and obedients. Monastery – HoshRetnyaya. The monastery is open to visitors every day from 10.00 to 18.00, tel. 033 92124.
41. Lake Kneta – the largest lake system in Estonia, where 30 km2 is about 40 lakes of different sizes and depths. In the lakes there are a lot of fish and crayfish, in summer a good swimming place.
Hiking trail Knota – introduces us with a variety of landscape Knota, covers 11 lakes. Beginning of the trail from a hiking house on the shore of Lake Nintsaare, the length of the trail is 10.5 km.
42. Miz Illuka – founded in 1888 by DicoFami. In 1922, began to restore the building, during which the former style was combined with new interesting details. Now in the building of the Miza works the main school of Illuca. Upon reservation, the Mazi building can be rented for conferences, meals also by prior arrangement.
43. The city of Iyvavi was completely destroyed during the last war. Today, Iykhvi is a rapidly developing modern city. Only Lutheran and Orthodox Church are preserved from historical monuments.
Lutheran Church of Iyvivi – built likely the church-fortress in the middle of the 14th century. With the fortress appearance of the church, the legend of two brothers who began to build a castle on the same place. In the proper quarrel one of the brothers died. Then another brother to redeem his guilt for murder, rebuilt the semi-armed castle in church.
In 1865, the church had a singing feast of Altagus, organized by Ioyvian trigger meer.
Orthodox Church of Iyvavi was built in 1895. This church was the first workplace of the young priest Alexei Mikhailovich Ridigera, who later became the Patriarch of All Russia Alexia II.
In the tourist infocenter of the Iyvivi (Rakver 13a, tel +372 33,070568) you can get more information about the places of overnight stay and nutrition.