Venezuela Cities: Core
In the north-west of the country, at the base of the narrow coherent medal, connecting Paraguian Paraguian Peninsula with the Continent, is the city of Coro.
Founded the city under the name of Santa Ana de Coro in 1527 Spaniard Juan de Ampies. Thus, Coro competes with Kumano for the title of the oldest Spanish city on the continent. The first land expeditions in search of the legendary eldorado were sent precisely from the Coro. He also became the first capital of the new Spanish province of Venezuela, although it was rapidly transferred to Germany and after the end of the contract, the Coro became an ordinary provincial city, repeatedly subjected to the plunder of corsairs. The smuggling of goods and a favorable geographical position every time led to the fact that the city reverged from the ruins. And now it is a well-preserved colonial city – the only settlement of Venezuela, entered into the UNESCO World Heritage List (1950 g).
The main attractions of the city are: Calhe-Zamor – the most beautiful colonial street of the country, built up with numerous old mansions, among which the most interesting Casa del Sol ("House of Sun", XVII B – one of the oldest colonial buildings in the Coro) and Casa-Gurmido Torres (1875 g), as well as Kapella Iglesia-San Nikolo de Bari (1741 g) and an old cemetery in his fence, Church of Iglesia-San -Gabriel (1773 g), Cathedral Cathedral (1620-1634., Once the main Catholic Church of the whole South America), the Church of San Clementa (1538 g) and San Francisco (1620 g, rebuilt at the end of the XX century) on Calhe-Zamor, the famous Cruz de San Clement ("Cross of St. Clement", The first Catholic cross used in Mesie when bookmark the city), El-Balsin de Los Arkaya ("House of the Arkaya family", XIX C), El Baltsin de Bolivar ("El Libertador" Stayed here in 1826), the chapel of the El Carrisal on the site of the temple of the Holy Virgin Mary Guadeloop, Arch Federation (built in 1997 in honor of the celebration of the 470th anniversary of the Coro), the picturesque area of Plaza Manaure, Semyterio-Yudo de -Koro (1832 g is the oldest Jewish cemetery in America), the Mother’s Monument on the Square of the same name and the modern ADRONO Theater ("Harmony").
It is not surprising that, with such a heritage in the city, a huge number of museums, the most rich of which are the Museum of Lucas Guillermo Castillo (meeting of the ceremonial and religious art of the colonial era), Moseo de la Tradison-Familiir (Museum of Family Traditions) in the Kasy mansion – Las Ventanas de Hierro ("House of iron windows", 1765 g), art gallery Coro in Casa del Teresoo ("House Treasure", 1770 d), Art Museum of the Coro, Museum of Ceramics and Natural History (Collection of Ceramics and Clayware Doctochembis Period), Virtual Art Museum of El Palmar, Art Museum of the UNEFM in the Kasa-Senor Building (the first Jewish mansion in the city, the works of Venezuelan authors), De Borocho Art Museum (Religious Venezuelan Art) and others.
A few minutes drive from Coro stretches a series of dunes, which is very unusual for this region of the planet. And 15 km from the city is the statue of Virgen de Guadalupe del Carrisal (Holy Virgin Mary Guadeloop, 1992).