Salvador City: San Salvador
The extended Valle de Las Amakas valley, at the foot of the magnificent eponymous volcano (Ketzaltepk, 1943 m), the city of San Salvador is a chaotic and pretty unsightly capital capital, its main political and industrial center.
The city was founded by Gonzalo de Alvarado in 1546 as a major reference point of Conquists on the southern coast of the New Bered Colony of Mexico and in 1839 receives the status of its southern provinces. Despite such a long history, today San Salvador is practically completely deprived of colonial charm – numerous earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and floods deprived of its most samples of colonial architecture, and a long-term civil war ended the destruction of those few monuments that spared the element. This is not the most pretty place in the world, since the valley is severely polluted and overcrowded, and quickly growing city absorbs new and new lands. Therefore, it is not surprising that San Salvador is intensively modernized, and the authorities make a lot of effort to revive his historical appearance, paying special attention to the reconstruction of Centro Historico ("Old quarters"). Many historical squares and parks over the past 10-15 years have been repaired, and street vendors, such an annoying normal life activity of the city, moved to the domestic markets of special trading quarters. Additional police forces were deployed, and municipal brigades actively return the city of its former appearance, and although the authorities clearly have to do a lot of work, the capital of the country becomes more and more pleasant, even compared to the fact that it was a couple of years ago.
The central point of the capital is the domed Cathedral of Cathedral Metropolitan (1888-1951.), in which the National Hero is buried – Archbishop Oscar Romero. Cathedral adjoins the main square of the city – Barrios. At Plaza Barrios with her recently planted trees, memorial plaques were installed in memory of six Jesuit priests killed by the FMLN rebels in 1989. An impressive building of Palacio-Naconal is towers in the western edge of the square – the residence of the government to the destructive earthquake 1986, and in the southern part of the square – the library-Naconal library. To the east of the square begins the Libertad Park, broken in the heart of the colonial San Salvador. The colorful Church of El Rosario was erected over the grave José Matias Delgado – Priest and "Father" Salvador’s independence, and in several quarters east of the restored Iglesia-La Merced, in which Delgado called for independence in 1811 (in the same year he headed an armed uprising against the Spanish domination, and in 1823 he was chairman of the National-constituent Assembly, proclaimed Creating connected Central America provinces).
In total, the Northeast Catedral Metropolitan, the compact area of Plaza Morasan spread, limited from the south of the Renaissance building of the National Theater (1917 g) and nearby theater cafe. The Eastern Theater begins the Mercado-Central market complex (food and consumer goods), and immediately behind it – the Neo-Netical Church of Iglesia-Calvario. And further to the east, the city seems to be started to decay – so much here the buildings damaged by earthquakes, as if struggling to stay in a vertical position. In five quarters of the north of El Centro, near the intersection of Avenida Espanya and Alameda Juan Pablo II, the Green Space Park-Camp-March begins – the favorite place of Sunday picnics of the inhabitants of the surrounding quarters. And if you go a little more north, you can find one of the largest churches of the city – Iglesia-Don-Rua (XIX C) with its magnificent turrets and stained glass windows.
Two main commercial streets of the capital – Calche Ruben Dario and Calche-Arke run parallel to each other from Catedral Metropolitan to Western Substitutions. You can find hundreds of outlets, a small park of Park-Bolivar, a government typography with a small bookstore specializing in the work on the history and culture of Salvador, the Church of Iglesia-Sadorad-Kora (XIX C), the building of the Unique Hospital Rosalez (built in Belgium in Belgium The middle of the XIX century, then disassembled and anented already in San Salvador), as well as an extensive Park-Kuscatlan, after which Calhe Ruben Dario goes to Alamed Roosevelt.
Western suburbs and De Los Heroes Boulevard are abounding fast food restaurants, shopping centers and markets, thereby forming the largest open shopping center in Central America. Alabed Roosevelt continues to the west to Plaza de las Americas, where, surrounded by small herbaceous lawns and benches, the national symbol of the country is towers – the monument of Salvador del Mundo, depicting Jesus standing on the top of the globe. Here is the main office of Telecom telecommunications company (with international telephone, fax and Internet cafes), as well as many banks and restaurants. From this place the street again changes its name, becoming Paseo-Henerala Eskalon, and fines with luxurious restaurants, banks and outlets. Nearby are Plaza Beethoven Square (Plaza-republic de Archentina), Galeraia Shopping Center, British Embassy, Plaza Masferrer Square with Her Huge National Flag, El Arbol de Dios Art Gallery (Open Monday on Saturday, with nine.00 to 18.00), and rich outdoors begins Kolonon-Eskalon and Lomas Verdes, highly running on the slope of the Volcano San Salvador.
In the southwestern regions of the capital, it is possible to detect the Mercado-Des-Artesanias market with a wide selection of handicraft products from all over the country, the National Museum of History and Anthropology named after Dr. David X. Gusmana, which contains the majority of unique archaeological finds of the country, located opposite the Museum of the National Exhibition Center Feria-Naconal, the Monument of De La Revolyuson (built in honor of the victory of the revolutionary movement in 1948), the area of entertainment area of the Zone Rosa with expensive restaurants, nightclubs and Shops, Corsatur (National Tourist Corporation Salvador), Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Country, Basilica Nourera-Senora de Guadelupe (1953, considered the most beautiful church of the city), University of Central American University (La UCA, or University of Jesuit), small Rosary and the calm National Botanical Garden of Hardin-Botaniko La Laguna (open from Thursday to Sunday, with 9.00 to 17.30), interesting to the fact that it was created on the place of impassable marshes at the bottom of the volcanic crater.
The treasury building, the colorful colonial church of Cent-Ignatius-Loyola, colorful Spanish facade, a small chapel of Whiua and Suchitoto (received their names on the names of cities suffered during the earthquake), the National Museum, the Archaeological Museum of Tasumal, National Zoo, History Museum Nature, as well as Moon Park on Mount San Hasinto. In a good market, Mercado-Es cartel can purchase articles of handicrafts, handheld textiles and ceramics.
San Salvador – surprisingly green city, here is clearly more magnificent vegetation than in its surrounding plain, only the ring of mountains, which sometimes seem close enough to touch them with their hand, can make an addition to the urban quarters with their swords. The vulcanic peak of San Salvador, dominating the northern part of the horizon, is actually 13 km of the city, while in the hills of the capital you can find an extensive and green park Baptboa Park (open daily, from 8.00 to 18.00; Entrance $ 0.9). And from the picturesque cliff of Puerta del Deblo (11 km from the capital, height of 1200 m) on the Range of Serro Chulo, you can admire the panorama of San Salvador, the San Vicente volcano and the adjacent valley.
A little east and below the Park Balboa spread the town of Panchimalko with his luxurious colonial church (1725 g – the oldest church in the country) and inhabiting it "Pancho-Indians" – Purebred descendants of Indian tribes Pipil, dominated in the country for three centuries. And 15 km east of the capital begins the shores of the largest crater lake of the country – Lago-de-Iopango, in whose waters on a clear day, the peaks of the chiconpet volcanoes are reflected. Located on the shores of Lake San Sebastian village, it is famous for the best fabrics of home development in the country, and the town of Ilobasco’s lying high in the mountains ("Place of large grain fields", 54 km north-east of San Salvador) – the best trees on wood, potters and simply luxurious views from his outcrops. The west of the volcano begins a picturesque mountainous country with numerous gorges, waterfalls and blue lakes Los Chorros – a favorite place of Sunday recreation for residents of the capital.