Czech City: Timel
60 km east of Brno lies the medieval capital of Great Moravia, and now – a small village of Tellegrad (VELEHRAD).
In 863-866, Kirill and Methodius were served here and preached here, in 1205 he grown Cistercian monastery, And in the XIX century – the Jesuit School and the complex of other religious buildings. The church and the monastery were erected on the foundation of the Romanesque buildings destroyed by fire in 1681 (it is believed that arson was arranged by Protestants), so some of their fragments are a clear raid of later alterations, but in general they continue to remain among the most impressive and interesting in the country. In addition, the monastery is one of the most important places of pilgrimage in the Czech Republic (for example, the 1100th anniversary of the death of St. Methodius on July 5, 1985 attracted more than 150 thousand people here, which was officially recorded as the largest meeting of believers in the country!), and his impressive basil with two towers is one of the symbols of the edge.
At the very edge of the village on the road in Uhersk-Gradiste, a complex is located Archeoskanzen (www.Archeoskanzen.CZ) – carefully restored big Moravian settlement of the Middle Ages. Surrounded by a high palisade, it collected various wooden buildings from all over the country, as well as many interesting works of folk-applied.
Getting to the velegraph is the easiest way to buses, regularly sent here from Uhersk-Gradiste (9 km southeast village).