Cities of Angyl: Valley
The only real city on the island, Valley is the geographical, commercial and political center of Anguilla. This is a small, chaotic place, which, as it seems, everything consists of Alley. The lack of colonial government buildings in the city is due to the decision of the British authorities to move the administration of the Islands to Saint Kitts in 1825, but, nevertheless, with the development of tourism, the city becomes more and more attractive.
The main historical landmark of Valley is the House Wallbleik (1787 g, the cavity is restored in 2004, WWW.Wallblake.COM) – The oldest building on the island. His age is highlighted by a small adjacent church, which has a unique architectural project, which includes decorative stone frontoth, open winds on all sides of the wall and ceiling, designed like the vessel case. Didden in 1959 of the Catholic Diocese of the Island, the house was too small for the services, therefore, in 1966, a colorful Catholic church with a stone facade was built in the nearby Steak Gerard, and Wallbleik House remained under the management of the Diocesan Committee. The second attraction of the capital is the National Trust Museum of Anguilla, which represents constantly aligning exhibitions on the history and natural environment of the islands.
To the east of Walnly, on the northeast coast of the island, lies the Bay of Shoel-Bay East – one of the most beautiful shores in the eastern part of the Caribbean Sea. Snow-white sandy shore framed by coconut palm trees and sea grapes, gently descends here to the turquoise waters of the bay. A lot of bars, cafes and other objects of the tourist infrastructure are concentrated around Villas-Shoel-Bay, and in the western bay, one of the main natural attractions of the island – the huge cave Fontain, which is the most important archaeological site of Anguilla. In 1979, numerous petroglyphs were found here, including the rarest samples of threads in stalagmitams dated to our era. In view of the fact that here are often found images of the Supreme God-Creator of the Aravaka Indians – Yokah (Yokau), this site may have been a religious or ceremonial center, as well as a place of pilgrimage from other islands of the region. The government of the country plans to turn Fontain to the National Park, but today it is often closed to preserve Petroglyphs from the ubiquitous hunters for souvenirs.