Cities of Albania
Borders – Some of the most beautiful resorts of Albania. Although this is a new city, but it has a big story. There is a border in the southeastern part of Albania (total in 140km from Tirana) and borders with Macedonia. It is located on the shore of Lake Ohrid, which is the deepest lake in the Balkans. Lake is known for its pure water and mountain landscapes. Next to the resort is another tourist center – Drilon, surrounded by decorative gardens (5km to the east). Barders enjoys popularity by the fact that a special climate, mountain landscape and opportunities that offers a city for different types of water sports, fishing and t.D. We must not forget about the rare form of the Fish Koran, which can only be tried in Ohrid Lake. It is worth visiting Drilon National Park and its underground water sources, the Christian Basilica of the 5th century n.NS. On the territory of Park.
- Museum of Linskoy Mosaic, in the town of Lin, north of the border
- Fresh Water Sources Drilon
- Ancient Goliki Bridge on Ancient Egnantia Road
- In the town of Lower ruine ruins of the city, where the Illyrian King of Clit lived
Corch is one of the most important and largest city in the south-east of Albania. The city is located in 178km from Tirana and is located at the foot of Morava Mountain, on a plateau with a height of 800m above sea level. In 18 V. The city has become an important trading and craft center. Corch is a large carpet center of Albania. Also, this city was the main center of the country during the Renaissance. In g. Corch was opened the first school in Albanian language in 1878. Climate – Continental, cold in winter, and summer roast and dry. The location of the city near the mountains gives the opportunity to relax lovers of winter sports. The city and its surroundings, in particular, the Wax and Cultural Recreation area offered.
- Museum of Albanian medieval art. It presents the cultural values of the Albanian people. (Opening hours: 8.00 – 14.00)
- The Museum of Education, here in 1878 the first Albanian School was opened (hours of work: 8.00 – 14.00).
- New Museum "Bratko Collars" Represents antique Things of the Far East (Opening hours: 9.00-12.00 and 16.00- 18.00)
- Archaeological Museum (Opening hours: 8.00 – 14.00)
- Gallery "Guria Madhi" (Opening hours: 10.00 – 12.00 and 16.00- 18.00)
- Orthodoxy Cathedral
- Mosque "Ilyaz Bay Mikhara", Built in 1469.
Berat – "city thousand one windows" is one of the most ancient cities of Albania. With his more than 2400-year-old history, the city became one of the most attractive cities in the country for visiting among not only foreign tourists, but also the local population. Berat was created in IV – V to N.NS. On the territory of the Illyrian tribe of dasaretov. At the beginning of the III century n.NS. The city turned into a well-faced place and was known as antipatra. In 1417. The city was conquered by the Turks who built mosques at the bottom of the fortress. Berarat is located on the banks of the Osus River and at the foot of Mount Tomor, 122 km south-east of Tirana. At the entrance to the city, you have a delightful view of the mountain and white houses. He is known as "City thousand windows", Due to the large number of windows in the houses, and is also a city-museum. There are many little churches in the city, the Muslim quarter, which is associated with the Christian quarter arched spans. His unique architecture with narrow ancient streets makes this place special. Fortress – the only construction of this kind in Albania, and perhaps one of the smallest places in the world, where people live on the territory of the fortress. Houses of these residents have been preserved in the form, as in the predecessors.
- Museum of Ethnography (Opening hours: 8.00-15.00, on Mondays closed)
- Museum of Onufri Icon Pouring (Opening hours: 8.00-15.00, on Mondays closed)
- Gallery "Edward Lear" (Open daily)
- Fortress Berat
- Church of St. Mikhail (16V.)
- Church of St.Trinity (14V.), Church of the Evangelists (16V.)
- Cathedral of St. Our Lady (1787.)
- Lead Mosque (1555.)
- Royal Mosque (1512g.)
- Gorica Bridge on the Osus River
Durres was created in 627 g. to N.NS. as a Greek colony and wore name epidamus. Epidamus was the main cause of the Peleponskoy war in the V century BC.NS. Between I and III in.v. to N.NS. Durres was an important port and shopping center on Via Egnatia’s trading path, between Rome and Byzantium. Later, the city was known as Duracium and became the strategic place of the Roman Empire. Under the leadership of the Roman Empire, the city became the main shopping and port city on the Adriatic Sea coast. The city was constantly moving to different rulers. Cicero called Durres delightful city, and poet Katulus called him the terrace of the Adriatic Sea. Durres is the second major city and main port of the country. In 627. to N.NS. Greeks settled on its territory. Roman ruins and fortifications are decoration of the modern city. Not far from Durres is the famous resort of Durres-Beach, which is known for its sandy beaches and warm sea water. Durres is located in 32km from Tirana. Durres is located next to Tirany, Crash, Berat and T.D.
- Archaeological Museum (Opening hours: 9- 17.00, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- The museum is the walls of the Byzantine city VI in. Amphitheater (II in. N.NS.) – the largest in the Balkans, designed for 15,000 seats
- Venetian tower
- Ancient urban wall
- Exhibition of folklore culture
- Museum of Mosaic Arapay
Round – medieval city located near Tirana (32 km). The city is built on the top of the mountain Sari Saltiki. The name of the city is associated with the name of the National Hero of Albania – George Castrith-Scandeburg, who fought against the Otoman invasion. Next to the city built a fortress that became the state Albanian museum. On the way to the fortress there is an old bazaar.
- Museum of George Castyati-Scaningerg (Opening hours: 09.00- 13.00 and 15.00-8.00, closed on Mondays)
- Ethnographic Museum (Opening hours: 09.00- 13.00 and 15.00-8.00, closed on Mondays)
- Archaeological Museum "Albanoole" in the town of Zerdhesh
- Traditional Albanian Bazaar
Gyncaster – "City thousand steps" or "Stone city". The city is located in the south of the country, in 212km from Tirana. The GyroCara is considered an important city in the country and known as a city-museum, which is picturesquely located on the banks of the River Drin. The city is built on the top of the mountain, and its main distinguishing feature are narrow streets paved by stone. Narrow stone streets create the feeling that you returned to the Epoch of the Middle Ages. Hyrhirocks are a single architectural ensemble. The fortress of the city is located like a balcony over the city, and it seems a beautiful view of the surroundings. Gyrocera is the birthplace of the Albanian dictator Enver Khoja, known throughout the world of the Albanian writer, who has been nominated several times to the Nobel Prize in Literature, Ismail Cadar. The city is a global cultural inheritance and is protected by UNESCO.
- Basal mosque
- Weapon Museum – weapons that were created and used by Albanians with ancient times to the present day (inside the fortress)
- Museum of National Liberation Movement
- Ethnographical museum
- Archaeological Museum Antigona, in the town of Saratachiniste
- Mosque Mekate
- Old Turkish baths
- Church of Labov, in the town of Labov
- Adrionapol ruins, in the town of Soft
- Traditional houses and stone streets
Saranda – Southern Gate Albania. The city is located on the shore of the Ionian Sea and among the mountains and very close to the Greek Island Corfu, only 30 minutes on the ferry divide the city from the island. The name of the city comes from the name of the old monastery "Santi Quaranta (Santi Quaranta)". The resort is popular among newlyweds and tourist pedestrians. Saranda has an excellent climate, and in the year there are 300 sunny days. In ancient times, the city was named after the name, so called his Illyrian tribe Kaon. Next to Saranda are the ruins of the ancient city of Brefinti, which received the status "City of world inheritance". According to Vergilia, Breutrint was built by the Trojans, but no evidence was found. Nearby is the antique city of Finich, in which, as many scientists consider, is the largest Acropolis in the world, 7 times more than the Acropolis in Athens. Sources of nature are sources "Blue eyes" And beautiful little islands. Tourists call Biffrint "open-air museum".
About the city within the city
Butrint, this is a special archaeological location – Microcosm of Mediterranean history, since the time of the ancient Greeks to Venetians. Virgil considered him a new three and tied his foundation with Eney. Plutarch claimed that she died. Three thousand years of continuous settlement left their mark and today the visitor can step in in the midst of the ruins of the once one of the greatest cities of antiquity.
Archaeological excavations in Byrint opened many wonderful urban monuments: Italian archaeologists in the 1920s and 1930s., Under the leadership of Count Luigi Ugolini, dug out a lot of ancient and classic attractions, such as city walls, gates, theater and bath. Since 1946. Studies were conducted by the Albanian Institute of Archeology and Monuments, and from 1991. Greek group on the study of the base of the Bindrint and the Biffrinta Fund. The work of the Biffrints Foundation is mainly concentrated on the study of the bison attractions of the city, including the Palace Ensemble, Basilica and the most beautiful of all – Baptistery VI in. with amazing mosaics representing wild animals, birds and fish, symbol of a Christian communion. Behind the walls of the bindrint, in the beautiful, intact landscape of southern Albania, you can find the remains of fortresses, churches, the Roman aqueduct, which once supplied the city with water, as well as Roman villas. This historic landscape is also a housing of a rich variety of rare and endangered species of the animal world.
- Antique city "Biffrint"
- Ethnographical museum
- The Archaeological Museum of Buinfinti is the ruins of the ancient city onhezmi,
- Ancient temple
- Ruins FOUNIKE
- Jewish synagogues
- Fortress "Ali Pash Tephelen"
- Ancient church in the town of Shen Pake (Holy Col)
Shkoder – an ancient city with a rich history and is one of the main cities in the north of the country. From ancient times to our time, the city has changed its name of the scodder, squirome, scouts, or scarce. The city was created in the IV century BC.NS. In the third century BC.NS. and became the capital of the Illyrian state. Historically, the city kept a special relationship with Italy and Austria. The city is the center of Catholicism in Albania. The city is located next to the lake of the same name and is located at the road, which leads to Montenegro. Next to the city, on the rocky hill, the fortress of Rosaf (2400 years old) was built, from where wonderful views are opening. Shkoder – Excellent starting point for your ascent on Albanian Alps.
- Historical Museum + Archaeological Museum (Opening hours: 09.00- 13.00)
- Museum "Rosafa" (Opening hours: 10.00- 13.00)
- Sheikha’s mosque Zamil Abdullah al-Zamil
- Franciscan Church of Ruga-Ndre-Mjed,
- Rosaf Fortress
- Lead mosque
- Mesia Bridge
- "Public Museum", Holding a large collection of historical photos
- Illyrian ruins Gaitan
- Ruins of the Middle Ages of the city of Sarda, next to Wow Daise
- On the way from Tirana to Shkoder, in the city of Lyzh there is a monument to the National Hero of Skanderbega (opening hours: 8.00-13.00)
Verra is located in the southwest of Albania (147 km from Tirana), where the Adriatic and Ionian Sea meet each other. In the city there are quite wide streets decorated with high palm trees. In the place where the seas are found, the sea has a special color. Opposite the Verra Peninsula is the island of Sazani, which was for all times and states, a strategic place due to its geographical position. The first monuments of antiquity in the city of Vler are dated in the 6th century BC.NS. During the IV century BC.NS. It is often mentioned as an important port for ships that sailed from Otranto and Brindisi and a crosspiene between two other antique cities in Albania Byrint and Apolonia. Despite his historical importance for many centuries, the city reached his epic on November 28, 1912., When after the 5th centuries of the Ottoman yoke, Albania proclaimed independence. Verra was proclaimed the first capital of independent Albania.