Cities in Germany: Karlsruhe
Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe) lies on the right bank of the Rhine from the northern Schwarzvald. This is the third population of the city of Baden-Württemberg and at the same time one of the youngest – it was founded as a simple summer palace on June 17, 1715, when Duke Karl III Wilhelm peacefully fell asleep (Ruhe in German – "silence", "rest") under the tree between three pastoral mountain villages. Already through the age of Karlsruhe becomes the capital of the Great Duchy of Baden and the placement of the country’s highest judicial authority. Built in 1822 complex Standehaus was the first building of Parliament in the German state, after the Democratic Revolution of 1848, the republican government sentenced it here, and in 1860 the most first international vocational agreement was concluded – "Congress Karlsruhe". During World War II, most of the city center, including the palace, was practically erased from the face of the Earth by the Allied bombers, but carefully restored in the post-war period.
"City-fan" (Die Facherstadt), as often called Karlsruhe due to its characteristic layout, was built around the former residence of Marcgraphs and the Grand Dukes of Baden – Palace Karlsruhe Karlsruher Schloss. Built in 1715 and rebuilt in 1746, he was the main place of residence of government rulers until 1918. 32 Streets Rays are running out in all directions, connecting two ring roads. Currently, the complex serves as a placement Museum of Land Baden (Badisches Landesmuseum, www.Landesmuseum.DE) and part of the divisions of the Constitutional Court of Germany (the rest are also nearby).
From the northern part of the Palace, the extensive park zone begins, broken in 1731-1746 in French baroque style, and then rebuilt in the second half of the XVIII century into the English type landscape fleet. Now he is given to the municipal botanical garden (Botanischer Garten Karlsruhe) and the Zoo (Karlsruhe Zoo – 800 animals of 150 species) and is surrounded by greenhouses, several hunting houses and various decorative and sculptural groups, and inside you can find a locomotive railway (Schlossgartenbahn Karlsruhe, 1967.), many monuments (primarily the popular sculpture of Charles Friedrich Badensky) and fountains. Also nearby is the complex of the Karlsruhe Institute and Constitutional Court of Germany, and the park itself serves as a popular holiday destination in nature.
The main attractions of the city include Gottzau (Schloss Gottesaue, 1588-1743.) In which after the reconstruction of 1982-1989, the High School of Music Karlsruhe is located (Hochschule Für Musik Karlsruhe), Palace of Prince Maximiliana (Prinz-Max-Palais, 1881-1884.) – Now there are a municipal cultural center with the Museum of Literature of the Upper Rhine, Museum of History of the city of Karlsruhe and youth library, as well as surrounded by a beautiful park Palace of the Great Duke (Erbgroßherzogliches Palais, 1891-1897.) Nowadays, the main residence of the Supreme Court of Germany (access to the territory of this complex is limited).
Eastern aristocratic District District (Durlach) will offer guests to visit the castle Carlsburg (Schloss Karlsburg, 1562- 1703.) – Now there are devoted dedicated to the history of local Marcgrafy Museum Pfinzgau (Pfinzgaumuseum) and quite unusual Carpathian Museum (Karpatenmuseum), illuminating the history, culture and traditions of the German peoples living in the territory of the Carpathian regions. And with the help of the oldest cable car you can climb the mountain Turmberg (Turmberg, 256 m) – the most northern point of the Schwarwald, on which they lie Ruins of the castle Hohenberg, In the former donjon of which the restaurant and the observation deck are equipped with excellent panoramas of the surroundings.
Also worth viewing Church of Christ (Christuskirche, 1896-1900.) with a nearby monument to Life Dragunam, Lutherkirche (XVIII in.) older in the city Little church (Kleine Kirche, 1773-1776.), State Theater of Land Baden (Badisches Staatstheater, one of the best opera plates in the country, www.Staatstheater.Karlsruhe.DE), the symbol of the city – the city founder installed above the tombs Stone pyramid (1825 g.) on the MarkTplatz, ebonged Catholic Roman Pantheon Church of St. Stephen (St. Stephan, 1808-1814.) hiding in the center of the green zone neoadic Basil Grant Dukal (Grand Ducal, 1889-1896.) With Mausoleum, Jewish Cemetery (Jüdischer Friedhof) with the memorial of the dead Soviet citizens, the oldest in Germany (1825.) Technical University Kit (Karlsruher Institut Für Technologie, on its territory there is a monument to Herrich Hertz, in 1886 the electromagnetic waves opened here), State Academy of Arts (1854 G.), Karl Drazu monuments (bicycle inventor and, how to easily guess, railway dross) and Karl Benza (car inventor), and also Constitution column (1826 g.) on RondellPlatz. The main urban cemetery deserves attention – the oldest in Germany, as well as the crematorium located here, more like the church.
The most interesting expositions of the city include Museum of Land Baden (Badisches Landesmuseum, www.Landesmuseum.DE) with an extensive antique collection, State Art Gallery (1846 G., www.Kunsthalle-karlsruhe.DE) – the largest in the region, Center for Art and Media Technology Zentrum Fur Kunst Und Medientenologie, WWW.zkm.DE) in the former ammunition factory, recently renovated Art Museum of Karlsruhe, Modern Art Museum (Museum Fur Neue Kunst), State Museum of Natural Science, as well as the only studio of artistic ceramics in Germany – Majolika-Manufaktur (1901 g.) in the palace park.
Among the numerous green zones of the city are especially allocated Gunter Clotza Park Alb Alb River – Place of the Popular Music Festival Das Fest (July).