Guama City: Hagatna
Hugatna’s city (Islanders themselves say Agatna) was the center of Guam from the very first days of European colonization. It was here that in 1668 the first Jesuit mission was opened, it was from here that the European Expansion on the Islands of the Mariana Archipelago began with the southern coast of Hagatna-Bay. The city itself is small and literally clamped on the cage between the shore of Hagatna-Bay Bay (Philippine Sea), the slopes of the hill Mount Makhane (706 m), the swampy Nynsina of Aganya-Svamp and the shore of Pago Bay Bay (Pacific Ocean). On foot it can be explored literally for half a day, especially if you consider that all the more or less interesting areas are located on the North Coast, between Cape Asan Point and Satpon Point.
The central part of Hagatne is proud of the ruins of Casa-gobierno (the governor’s palace), which is dated 1736, the statue of the Roman Pope of John Paul II (put on a plot, where Pontiff conducted Mass in 1981.), the miniature statue of freedom in Paseo de Susanna park in the north of the city and the monument leaded to the Kuipuk in the southeastern part of the same Park (this tribal leader sacrificed the land for the first Catholic church in Guam, and the ground here, as and everywhere in Oceania, considered the highest value). The Snow White Cathedral of Dolce-Nom-de-Maria-Aganya is now located in the heart of the city, on Plaza de Espire, at the very place where the first Catholic chapel on the island was built in 1669. And the Square of Plaza de Espein itself, in fact, and is the very place where the Palace of the Governor was standing, almost completely destroyed during World War II (now only the fence, part of the walls and some yard buildings remained).
Latte Stone Park, named by the name of mysterious stone columns spread out "Latte", Allegedly transported here from the ancient village of the people of Chamorro, although, according to scientists, many of these 500 monoliths, in abundance scattered throughout the island, once were the foundations of very impressive generic homes of local residents or served for some religious purposes. Eastern Park spread out the largest shopping center of the island – San Ramon-Shoping Centr. The north of Plaza-de Espein square stretches the pedestrian zone of the Plaza, and there is a port complex of the city and two parks on his east side – already mentioned Paseo de Susan Park and Palomo Park, and the west of the old fort Santa – Agoude with tunnels (if you are accurate, these cavities that go deep into the Hugathanta-Heights, are karst caves) and the government complex, and the extensive territory of the US Navy Hospital begins.
The whole western part of the city is essentially one big historical park. According to the northern slopes of Mount Macs and Biham-Peak, the strip of the eastern part of the World War II Memorial Park is stretched (Font Plateau-Yunit), dedicated to cruel battles for the island in the period 1941-1944. North, on the small peninsula Adelap Point, there is a complex of the Guama Museum, which has a good collection of geology and ethnography of the island. Even west, behind the cliff cliff, the second part of the Memorial Park begins – Asan Island-Yunit, with the monument of the landing of the American landing and the monument to the Philippine Patriots at Cape Asan Point. The memorial park itself of the Second World War has several more "Departments" Outside the city feature, each of which is broken on the place of some particular fierce battles – Nimitz Hill, Mount Chachao, Mount Trejo-Yunit and T. D. At the same time, many sections of the south-west of the park belong to the US Army, and access is still closed there.
The northeast of the city is a narrow language stretches between the WFP of the local airfield and the shore of the sea. In addition to numerous educational institutions and picturesque residential neighborhoods built in an unimaginable style, absorbing both traditions of Chamorro and quite primitive samples of American architecture, here you can see the beginning of the beautiful YPAO beach (IPAO), the Joseph Beach Park. Flores, Sampagunt Pavilion, Dangkas Beach Beach with a small exhibition of Japanese coastal guns of the second world, two stadium, statue of Archbishop Felichberto Flores, Alupate Island and Aputgan Beach Park.
The south-western part of the city stretches to a narrow and rather chaotic strip of suburbs Already to the Bay of Pago Bay, lying on the eastern, Pacific Island. As in the north, here in the wall of coral reefs, a narrow canal breaks, allowing the ships to come to the shore. Also here you can visit the shores of the Francisco Beach Park. Peres, in the Marine Laboratory of the University of Guama or to dive with a good reef Pago.